Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So drove all day today to Honda to pick up my accessories. Windscreen, saddle bags and mounts, oil and filters.

Windscreen, wasn't the greatest install. You had to use a little muscle to line the bolts up.

Oil change done, simple but stupid in my opinion. No dip stick, sight glass. Now center stand so you got to pour, then tilt, pour and tilt.

Saddle bags. Back ordered. Can anyone explain how something brand new made specifically for this bike goes to back order? I mean why release or advertise something you don't have right.

But the mounts were in. Stupid me, didn't open the box to look until after I drove 6 hrs home that they were completely and utterly the wrong ones. Needless to say, I was pissed!!!! And they were closed at this point and not open Sunday's. Still pissed, they gonna get an ear full, cuz I am not driving all that way to exchange it nor paying to ship it.

On the plus side of my day... Not can't even. The windscreen, if that's what you want to call it is a joke. Your display is pretty much level with the top of the windscreen. I'm missing the point of it being there. Maybe it just me lol. On the plus, to me it actually looks good on the bike, but function is useless. Unless you turn the bike into a touring bike, the big and bulky ones would just look wrong in my opinion, better off just buying a touring bike. Lol.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Well, that was a nice, real down and honest review... love it!

So, windshield is being crossed off the list. The saddle bag thing, I can imagine people have been ordering them in anticipation of getting their Rebel so that could probably cause the back-order

·
Registered
19 Posts
So you're saying the windscreen does nothing? I'm hoping it does at least something for that price tag. And I'm pretty sure there is a dip stick on it. When I picked mine up the mechanic showed it to me on the right side of the bike.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So you're saying the windscreen does nothing? I'm hoping it does at least something for that price tag. And I'm pretty sure there is a dip stick on it. When I picked mine up the mechanic showed it to me on the right side of the bike.
Nope, no dip stick. lol. Just a sight glass on the side. And the windscreen, maybe, maybe driving under 60kms it may do something. But over that, to me it made no difference what so ever.

but its a bit of a catch 22, either your body is being used as a buffer, or, you buy, when they come out with it, all the flashing for the front end. on this bike, it would look dumb in my opinion, but either your body is a wind buffer, or the bike is.

After all the driving I did yesterday, if you duck down and lay on the gas tank, driving in the wind is not so bad. made is easier getting up hills ducked down that's for sure. where this is a 300, and with how windy it was, she was loosing speed going up the hill full out. I ducked down, and she climbed right on up.

passing - ya the 300 doesn't have a lot to give up top, but, again, you duck down and give her, she'll get right up to 145kms/hr relatively quick. Don't know if any of that helps. lol.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, that was a nice, real down and honest review... love it!

So, windshield is being crossed off the list. The saddle bag thing, I can imagine people have been ordering them in anticipation of getting their Rebel so that could probably cause the back-order
Ya, that was the gist of it. Dealer wont get the saddlebags until June 8th, the saddle bag mounts, also backordered, and right now it looks like end of August!! Passenger seat or the rear carrier rack, they may as well not even exist for how far back they are in Canada.

On the plus, I'll have everything done up and ready to go next spring by the time I get it all together and installed. hahaha.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Can someone please post pictures of the "windscreen"?

Maybe it meant to keep the bugs out of the speedometer/instrument cluster. :p

·
Registered
19 Posts
I blacked mine out, but here ya go.

As for function, it does block the wind up to about the helmet level... but the flipside, is that more bugs are deflected up to the helmet level lol.
Thanks for the pics. So, it does remove some wind from the body? If it does just a bit then I think it's worth it. But it is a pricey little bugger.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I blacked mine out, but here ya go.

As for function, it does block the wind up to about the helmet level... but the flipside, is that more bugs are deflected up to the helmet level lol.
Thanks for the pics. So, it does remove some wind from the body? If it does just a bit then I think it's worth it. But it is a pricey little bugger.
Yep. I put my hand up while cruising down the highway and didn't feel the wind until my hand was up around my helmet.

·
Registered
190 Posts
CueBaller, think I will consider installing this "windscreen". Do you mind sharing where you ordered the part and the cost? Our dealer in Vancouver says they don't expect to receive this part from Honda Canada till maybe November!

Thanks in advance.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts