Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ordered the following

Mustang Tripper Solo Seat (currently out of stock- 2 to 4 week ship date)
Baron Custom mini 2" bullet tachometer
Idea gear indicator and SMOK handlebar mount
Nelson-Rigg tail bag (I will be fabricating a rear rack to mount the quick detach bag)

·
Registered
111 Posts
how are you going to do both gear indicator and tach?
What would preclude one not working with the other?
I have the idea gear indicator, it's great. You can't install both into the Datalink connection - there's only one spot. One or the other, and more than likely the tachometer doesn't even have the right connection to plug directly into the Datalink port. You'll have to splice into the wire to connect the tach, while the gear indicator is plug and play. I don't see why you can't have both with that set up...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the idea gear indicator, it's great. You can't install both into the Datalink connection - there's only one spot. One or the other, and more than likely the tachometer doesn't even have the right connection to plug directly into the Datalink port. You'll have to splice into the wire to connect the tach, while the gear indicator is plug and play. I don't see why you can't have both with that set up...
Absolutely correct...I can get the tach signal from negative terminal/wire on one of the coils.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Absolutely correct...I can get the tach signal from negative terminal/wire on one of the coils.
Yup exactly that. I've been wanting to get the tach but I'm afraid of splicing into wires...if you can, please upload some pics of the install when you do it 🙂

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll post pictures of the accessories as I get them installed.

Also have a Memphis Shades Big Shot windshield in gradient black and no-tool trigger lock mount kit coming. I plan to use the windshield only on big mile rides.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts