Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Honda CMX300A
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've kept on working on my motorcycle and I realize that adding on to my introduction thread felt kinda out-of-place, so I figured I'd just get a new thread going on in here. I'll keep updating this one as I get to do more mods to my little Honda Rebel 300.

The Rebel is the perfect motorcycle for since 90% of my usage is in downtown traffic, mostly at rush hour. I am really enjoying a small bike with good MPG and the agility to navigate rush hour traffic.

I also quite enjoy taking longer trips and I have a 3500 km trip planned for September. This meant I had to make a few changes to the motorcycle as it is in no way able to do that in stock form (or at least, I'm in no way able to do that on that motorcycle stock form).

To recap my introduction post, what I have done so far:
  • Harley Davidson Dyna Quarter fairing
  • Corbin Gunfighter & Lady saddle
  • TripMachine handlebar wraps
  • Willie and Max swingarm bag
  • Saddleman Slants saddlebags
  • RAM cellphone mount
Also some purely aesthetic mods:
  • Blacked out the top of the forks with vinyl
  • Wrapped the exhaust header with DEI Titanium
There are pictures of what the bike looks like are in my intro post.

Today, I received a few new toys to play with, first of which was a pair of handlebar risers I ordered from Zeed parts a few weeks ago.

These are exactly what I needed to make my sitting position more upright. I also angled the handlebars slightly more upwards, which raises the handlebars up rather than making them quite closer to me. I rotated the controls forward to compensate. I really like how it looks with the quarter fairing.

One note on fitting, I have the 2018 Rebel 300 with ABS and the hose for the front break was tight! Rotating the bars upward helped a lot but I still ended up having to relocate the whole brake cylinder assembly about half an inch closer to the middle of the handlebar to get enough slack in the ABS hose at full lock.

I also received my TripMachine tool roll in the mail and I'll find a way to (semi-)permanently attach it to the front forks, underneath the fairing. Standby for more details and pictures on that.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Fine looking machine, I have the 500 in the same colours. Recently added a sissy bar with rear rack.
Big change in appearance + it's useful. Sometimes Amazon can be your friend.
Will look forward to seeing further upgrades.

·
Registered
2018 Honda CMX300A
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
New riding season is upon us (at least in Ottawa), so I figured I'd keep adding to this post with the latest development of what I've been working on. Nothing fancy.

At the end of last season, I installed the Atlas Throttle Lock, as well as the Trip Machine tool roll. I'll upload pictures after I've cleaned the bike up, most likely this weekend (it's shy when it's dirty.... :) )

Finally, the bigger change for the beginning of the season is a tire change. My rear tire is getting pretty bald and needs a replacement. I can't say I've been a huge fan of the Dunlop 404 that came OEM on the bike, so I've decided to upgrade to something with a little bit more thread life. I've settled on the Metzeler ME888 Marathon Ultra. I'll go pick them up at the dealership on Saturday. There's not a single shop in the area that books appointments in the next 2-3 weeks, so I got myself a spot at a DIY motorcycle shop in the area.

I'll report back with my impressions of the new tires.

·
Registered
2019 Rebel 300A/2020 CB500F A
495 Posts
Good to see you post dude!

I completely agree with you on the booked solid everywhere, most supplies are sold out too actually. I need a chain adjustment badly, and can't find a spot.

Let's ride again soon 😊

·
Registered
2018 Honda CMX300A
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good to see you post dude!

I completely agree with you on the booked solid everywhere, most supplies are sold out too actually. I need a chain adjustment badly, and can't find a spot.

Let's ride again soon 😊
I'm down to ride soon! Just need to get the new shoes on first.

I can do most of the simpler maintenance on my own, so I haven't been super reliant on local shops. For the more elaborate stuff that requires more space and more specialized tools, like changing tires, I normally bring it to the dealership, but with them being so booked up, I signed up for a community garage (diymoto.ca). I'll be able to tell you on Saturday if it's something I recommend.

I could help you with the chain adjustment if you need. I do that myself and have all the tools for it; it can easily be done in a driveway/parking lot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts