Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been riding a PCX150 for months and am looking forward to getting a grown up bike with the 500 ABS. I wish it came in more than black on black though so I don't have to immediately wrap it. :surprise:

·
Registered
204 Posts
You can get the Rebel in 3 different color combos. The 500 ABS also comes in Millennium Red, and Matte Armored Silver.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Ohh I didn't know that, thanks. That sucks..

Well OP, if you're going to wrap it immediately, what color would you be going?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ohh I didn't know that, thanks. That sucks..

Well OP, if you're going to wrap it immediately, what color would you be going?
Not sure yet. Not a fan of military colors usually, but this bike is begging for some black and satin green. I did my PCX in a pearl satin white which I really like, but wouldn't work on the rebel.

·
Registered
204 Posts
A satin green like this I think would give the Rebel a real custom retro type of look to it. That would be dope.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I think that would do the opposite, making it seem more new age than anything else.
What would do a better job is a green along the lines of this:

but much like that example, the Rebel would need a multi-color scheme, not just all green.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Both of those look even better than what I was thinking. I think that speaks to the bikes potential for customizing, which Honda is touting as one of its features.

They may have made a little piece of crack here.

·
Registered
176 Posts
It can go either way, actually it can go any way, just depends on what someone wants out of the bike and what actually works on the bike. That example above was just me.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I was initially thinking something hot-rodder chopper style, but I keep going back and forth. The bike is just such a perfect canvas for going different routes it's tough to pick one!

·
Registered
176 Posts
its endless and with how much it costs to get one of these it opens the bike up to a lot of people so with that we're going to see a lot of color schemes, hopefully we see more that pay homage to previous hondas

·
Registered
12 Posts
How do you like your pcx...I ride a Zuma 125, but plan on getting a pcx 150 in the next few months. Then hopefully end of summer a rebel 300.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How do you like your pcx...I ride a Zuma 125, but plan on getting a pcx 150 in the next few months. Then hopefully end of summer a rebel 300.
I really like the PCX. I bought it as a commuter after having just relocated, and decided to get back on a 2 wheeler. I underestimated my 12 mile, 31 traffic signal commute. It is mostly 45-55 mph, with several long steep hills. I get uneasy climbing a 1 mile long hill at 55 (if I am able to start early enough), then have nothing left. It will hit 70 on the other side though,,:grin2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts