Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
How in the world did you get the cowl to fit over the older headlight? I’m sitting in my garage cursing this piece of plastic as we speak

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did 2 overlapping lol on each side. So far so good. Hasn’t moved. Seems sturdy enough on the freeway and roads with potholes

·
Registered
56 Posts
I’m still waiting for my 2020 Rebel 500 to come in and was wondering if the grille and cowl would fit...was there enough room? Or is that why you had to modify it? Looks great 👍

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I’m still waiting for my 2020 Rebel 500 to come in and was wondering if the grille and cowl would fit...was there enough room? Or is that why you had to modify it? Looks great 👍
If it’s a 2020 rebel I think it would fit like a glove. For the older models, it basically doesn’t. You have to make it work. .involves lots of cursing and patience lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Heya,
You mind me asking how you got your hands on the cowl? I haven't tried going to the dealer, but when I tried to order it through their website it said 'coming soon'. Tho I live in Canada, so maybe it hasn't gotten here yet. What's the price point on it? I was thinking of doing a complete headlight and cowl swap from the 2020 to my 2019, but that could be expensive, have no idea what the prices are like.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Heya,
You mind me asking how you got your hands on the cowl? I haven't tried going to the dealer, but when I tried to order it through their website it said 'coming soon'. Tho I live in Canada, so maybe it hasn't gotten here yet. What's the price point on it? I was thinking of doing a complete headlight and cowl swap from the 2020 to my 2019, but that could be expensive, have no idea what the prices are like.
you have the 2020 rebel with the fancy led headlight ? If yes then it’s plug and play. If not then it’s a pain in the behind to install. It fits but hardly and you have to cut the brackets and apply zip ties. Here’s the link

·
Registered
7 Posts
you have the 2020 rebel with the fancy led headlight ? If yes then it’s plug and play. If not then it’s a pain in the behind to install. It fits but hardly and you have to cut the brackets and apply zip ties. Here’s the link
Thanks man. I actually have the 2019, but I was hoping to replicate what you did to install it. Did you buy it from the dealer or online?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts