Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
And yet they still didn't upgrade the brick. :|

I will say the one thing that annoys me with the different color schemes is all they do is change the gas tank and that's it. They've made no attempt to match any other part with the gas tank. It's why I ended up plasti-dipping my side panels because nothing else on the bike was red besides the tank. The bike should seem like a cohesive unit. Not just a new gas tank on the same black bike.

·
Registered
127 Posts

I will say the one thing that annoys me with the different color schemes is all they do is change the gas tank and that's it. They've made no attempt to match any other part with the gas tank. It's why I ended up plasti-dipping my side panels because nothing else on the bike was red besides the tank. The bike should seem like a cohesive unit. Not just a new gas tank on the same black bike.

2018 Matte silver metallic has matching tank and rear fender, mostly why I bought it. I asked about matte black tank and fender - dealer offered to paint. Nope

·
Registered
181 Posts
Wish it was matte black, rather it's matte grey metallic. Maybe next year.
Well that's disappointing, it looked almost matte black in the photo.

BTW on that subject, does anyone know or can point me in the direction of the tank codes and color for the 2018 models? Which is Gloss Black?

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Well that's disappointing, it looked almost matte black in the photo.

BTW on that subject, does anyone know or can point me in the direction of the tank codes and color for the 2018 models? Which is Gloss Black?

Not sure this link is any help: https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu/en/honda-parts/honda-color-codes

One more link about code location, see post #9: https://www.hondarebel3forum.com/forum/129-appearance-modifications/10311-matte-metallic-silver-paint-code.html

·
Registered
178 Posts

Usually the 500 ABS has matching fender and gas tank.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts