Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting this bike to ride 60 miles round trip on the 405 and 5 freeway... currently have a 06CBR600RR.. if im riding 60 miles a day Im gonna need some comfort.. im getting old, my back cant take it..

what do you guys think ?? Im about 6'1, about 185lbs give or take.. of course i dont expect it to accelerate as fast as the RR.. but do you think it will get the job done?? will be riding from N OC to S OC.. Will be getting an Aerostitch one piece for the winter as well :)

I almost pulled the trigger on one today.. but I backed out.... I also have a DRZ 400 dual sport.. I changed the sprockets on that for off roading, but when i hit 70 mph on that bike on the street, its pretty sketchy, shaky and what not..

Anyone commute on their Rebel 500 on 405??

its a sweet looking bike, i have to admit, i think i would remove the back fender, looks pretty good w/o one .. I mean, since having the RR for over 7 years now, I have gotten 2 speeding tickets and I have grown out of that phase. I dont plan on racing, but just want to make sure it has enough power for a daily rider.

Thanks

·
Registered
417 Posts
yeah it will be a perfect bike for it go test ride one. you'll probably want a new seat though. I'm the same size and it will hold 90 easily if you want it to but 70 is the sweet spot, only downside is the seat and small gas tank but you can still get 150-175 miles on a tank

·
Registered
674 Posts
showmeguy66 commutes the 405 every day from Long Beach to Northridge. He'll probably be along soon.

I don't commute but do ride the 405 from Long Beach to Orange County 2 or 3 times per week. The Rebel handles it very well. I do have a small windscreen which helps a lot.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I am thinking about getting this bike to ride 60 miles round trip on the 405 and 5 freeway... currently have a 06CBR600RR.. if im riding 60 miles a day Im gonna need some comfort.. im getting old, my back cant take it..

what do you guys think ?? Im about 6'1, about 185lbs give or take.. of course i dont expect it to accelerate as fast as the RR.. but do you think it will get the job done?? will be riding from N OC to S OC.. Will be getting an Aerostitch one piece for the winter as well :)

I almost pulled the trigger on one today.. but I backed out.... I also have a DRZ 400 dual sport.. I changed the sprockets on that for off roading, but when i hit 70 mph on that bike on the street, its pretty sketchy, shaky and what not..

Anyone commute on their Rebel 500 on 405??

its a sweet looking bike, i have to admit, i think i would remove the back fender, looks pretty good w/o one .. I mean, since having the RR for over 7 years now, I have gotten 2 speeding tickets and I have grown out of that phase. I dont plan on racing, but just want to make sure it has enough power for a daily rider.

Thanks
It's a great bike for the 405. I am still rocking the OEM seat too, I don't have any issues at all. As Gary said my normal route is Long Beach to Northridge but I also make the trek south to Costa Mesa on occasion. There is plenty of power, it will run 70 mph all day long up hill in the wind. I would advise at minimum a small windshield if you plan on regularly cruising over 60 though. The riding position leaves you open to the wind and it can cause some fatigue after a while. I put a small fly screen on and it helped tremendously. Once you pull the trigger we'll have to make another SoCal run!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts