Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago my bike would start.. so I bought a new battery and swapped it out.. and still no cranking.. I realized that the killswitch was starting to give out on me.. so I now leave the kill switch on.. a week later, My bike wouldn’t start, that same day, i waited about 20mins and it crank back up, but as I was driving home, the dash lights and head lights would flicker and my bike shut off on me 3 times on my way home. Can anyone please help me out with this problem.. thank you!

·
Registered
917 Posts
first guess would be a loose electrical connection somewhere. especially the battery terminals- if you're not comfortable checking things you might have to take it somewhere, or get someone to come by and look at it for you

·
Registered
278 Posts
Do you have to keep the bike outside? It is too new for electrical system breakdowns but if it sees rain and morning dew it isn’t out of the question. I don’t believe the bike needs the battery once it’s running so flickering and turning off probably isn’t the battery. Check the kickstand switch, kill switch, and somewhere there should be a tip over switch. Make sure they are correctly mounted and connections are sound. You may also want to check the ecm and various connectors under the seat. Look for a wire that may be backing out of a connector as well as good connections on the plugs themselves. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts