Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
I checked Helminc and its back-ordered. I found this site 2017 2018 Honda Rebel 500 / CMX500 / CMX500A Part# 61MKG01 service shop repair manual

and paid $38 after shipping fees. Paid through PayPal so if its not legit, I can easily get my money back. Tracking said it'll be here on Wednesday April 4th, 2018!
Yep, that's the one I posted last week. It turned out USD$100 cheaper than Helm for international people.

http://www.hondarebel3forum.com/forum/100730-post9.html

It left New York and went to CDG Paris and left there three days ago so I should see it in Australia early next week.

I'll let everybody know if it's any good or not.

·
Banned
247 Posts
I checked Helminc and its back-ordered. I found this site 2017 2018 Honda Rebel 500 / CMX500 / CMX500A Part# 61MKG01 service shop repair manual

and paid $38 after shipping fees. Paid through PayPal so if its not legit, I can easily get my money back. Tracking said it'll be here on Wednesday April 4th, 2018!
It's got the same item number for both websites, and on Helm it's backordered until April 4th so they are clearly using the same distribution network as well. So I guess whatever link gives the best price for anyone interested.

FYI the price has DROPPED, it was almost $80 for me to order last week, but now its a little over $40.. NOWS THE TIME FOLKS!

Hmm, not sure why my link didn't work in the last post. but as stated here it is again

HELM INC

Shop Service Repair Manual

·
Registered
88 Posts
It's got the same item number for both websites, and on Helm it's backordered until April 4th so they are clearly using the same distribution network as well. So I guess whatever link gives the best price for anyone interested.

FYI the price has DROPPED, it was almost $80 for me to order last week, but now its a little over $40.. NOWS THE TIME FOLKS!

Hmm, not sure why my link didn't work in the last post. but as stated here it is again

HELM INC

Shop Service Repair Manual
Fwiw, it's now $30 plus $16 shipping- I just ordered one.

Attachments

·
Banned
247 Posts
Just a small tip I found out about for those of you wanting to pick up a 2017/2018 Rebel Service Manual. You can get free shipping, but you have to be patient!

Instructions:

1. Go HERE
  2. Add the service manual to your cart
  3. Proceed to checkout
  4. Register a new account, enter in a valid email address etc
  5. Leave it in your cart
  6. Just about every day afterwards they will send you an email to complete your order, just ignore it for now it will happen for like 3-5 days I can't recall
  7. After several attempts to get your to buy you will get a new email from the site telling you if you send them your name,shipping address, and the manual name they will give you free shipping
  8. $30 Service Manual with free shipping!
  9. Be satisfied with your frugal find knowing you paid less than half of what Helm Inc tries to hit you for!

·
Registered
88 Posts
The manuals finally arrived nearly two weeks after I placed my order. I was surprised to see that it was a reprint, but after checking the link I obviously skimmed over it because it clearly states such. Regardless, it's a ridiculously cheap replacement to paying the dealership for simple maintenance and will pay for itself pretty much immediately after doing even one task.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Banned
247 Posts
I got my manual last week, scanned every page, ran it through OCR, and created bookmarks in the PDF, for an easily searchable document!

I am willing to answer any questions for a 2017 or 2018 CMX500/A Honda Rebel. And aside from the engine and exhaust I can probably answer most questions on the 300 as well.

·
Registered
153 Posts
How about someone scans one chapter at a time every week. And post it here? I think that way we do not have a copy right infringement. :) A lot of universities do it that way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, a couple of hours after I asked here for some info from the manual I came across a post by u/XheadJr in Reddit containing a Google drive link to the 2018 CMX500A SERVICE MANUAL.

I would suggest you also try your luck at Google ?...

·
Registered
700 Posts
How about someone scans one chapter at a time every week. And post it here? I think that way we do not have a copy right infringement. :) A lot of universities do it that way.
Pretty sure it's against forum rules to post copyrighted material.

·
Registered
306 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Got mine a while ago as well, much cheaper than Helm but found out that it's a scanned copy of the original manual.

Wonder how they view copyright?

PS: was very disappointed with the quality of the wiring diagram scan, some lines were barely visible.
They probably paid for the right to reprint. Otherwise they’d sue the carp out of them.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Since there are no german manuals available yet, I´d liked to order one of these as you have linked.
But the postage cost to europe are more as the manual itself- 36 USD.:surprise:

So I wait patiently until there are some issues in europe too. 0:)

21 - 40 of 52 Posts