Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My dealer got in contact with the publisher and placed an order for a service manual so I should be getting it in 1-3 weeks. If anyone would like one, they're $50, but I'd have to ask if he's willing to order multiple.

That being said, I'd like to donate to the forum both service manuals.. one for the 300 and one for the 500; you guys are all so helpful and frequently lend your expertise at no charge.. this is the least I could do. I got in touch with one of the moderators and he/she suggested starting a thread for service manual questions... my hope is that someone here is willing and maybe has some time to be able to look up questions from people who need help? We can't make copies of the manuals for copyright reasons, so that's important to keep in mind.

Anyone interested? Also, feel free to also pass this along to someone you think might be interested.

:nerd:

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Hey guys,

My dealer got in contact with the publisher and placed an order for a service manual so I should be getting it in 1-3 weeks. If anyone would like one, they're $50, but I'd have to ask if he's willing to order multiple.

That being said, I'd like to donate to the forum both service manuals.. one for the 300 and one for the 500; you guys are all so helpful and frequently lend your expertise at no charge.. this is the least I could do. I got in touch with one of the moderators and he/she suggested starting a thread for service manual questions... my hope is that someone here is willing and maybe has some time to be able to look up questions from people who need help? We can't make copies of the manuals for copyright reasons, so that's important to keep in mind.

Anyone interested? Also, feel free to also pass this along to someone you think might be interested.

:nerd:
Raven,

Is there any chance that your dealer would ship one to me?

Kenny G 0:)

·
Super Moderator
1,246 Posts
I don't think you guys are reading the first post correctly... She wants to give someone a set of manuals so they can be a resource to the forum.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just want to read it and have it around for reference. Where are they available for sale, anyone know? Or do you have to be an insider in the industry to gain access to such top secret info? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,246 Posts
I just want to read it and have it around for reference. Where are they available for sale, anyone know? Or do you have to be an insider in the industry to gain access to such top secret info? Thanks.
They are very handy, much better than the 3rd party service manuals. You can order one through a Honda dealer.

·
Registered
437 Posts
They are very handy, much better than the 3rd party service manuals. You can order one through a Honda dealer.
In Slovenia this is no-go, mine dealer told me something like "you are not allowed to get (buy) such document from us, it's intended only for our mechanic's use":confused:. And since those available manuals are situated in the other side of th eplanet (at least for me), which comes in pair with huge sending costs, NO, thanks, for that money I get here two yearly services by the dealer! And hoping that here in my neighbourhood will want to sell me a copy for reasonable price, or we will wait (like for all other bikes I posessed or have now).

·
Banned
247 Posts
In Slovenia this is no-go, mine dealer told me something like "you are not allowed to get (buy) such document from us, it's intended only for our mechanic's use":confused:. And since those available manuals are situated in the other side of th eplanet (at least for me), which comes in pair with huge sending costs, NO, thanks, for that money I get here two yearly services by the dealer! And hoping that here in my neighbourhood will want to sell me a copy for reasonable price, or we will wait (like for all other bikes I posessed or have now).
^ This happens at dealerships across the globe, and to be honest spending $80 for a manual is well beyond what I'm willing to pay, and I live in the US, I know people from other countries would easily pay $150++

So while I never offered to post it or share it with anyone via this forum (I don't even have one), rest assured if I would get a manual or pdf I would share it because I believe in a knowledge sharing environment. And lets be honest, I'd wager 99% of this forum would never pay $100+ for a simple service manual, and I feel sorry for people that can't get it locally, or if they tried would cost them 10x what its actually worth.

And lets not get to high and mighty, getting a manual and then directing others from it or providing diagrams is no different, it's the same information being distributed.

But, before anyone gets themselves in a twist, I would never post anything like that on this website or via it's servers.

And, for the record, the book can be ORDERED HERE

1 - 20 of 53 Posts