Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Has anyone here installed one of their Rebel yet? Wonder how it sounds.
Wonder if it can be ordered and shipped to US/Canada?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ordered it a few weeks ago and it just arrived today. I'll try installing it this weekend. Quick look and it appears that its not a direct fit for the Rebel. It appears the pipe it comes with isn't bent to mount properly. Also it didnt come with a clamp to replace the factory clamp. The factory clamp is to large to fit properly. Again this was just a quick look I'll do some digging into it this weekend as long as its not freezing outside.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I saw that as well. I wonder if the exhaust route is different on the 300 vs the 500 because I wasn't able to get the pipe to line up right. It either sticks way to far out from the bike or rubs on the passenger foot peg. I'll probably end up welding up my own pipe and just using the muffler. Though I am growing fond of riding with no muffler haha.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Do you have to remap for this exhaust or is it plug and play with no possible damage to the motor or?

I contacted Two Brothers and they state that remapping is recommended. That's an additional cost at a dealer or someone that has the equipment to do it. On old carbed bikes you could do the re jetting yourself by checking the spark plugs for color of the plugs.

That is why I may stay with the stock muffler, plus I have side bags/boxes on my 300 and most of the aftermarket mufflers come up to high and will hit the bags/boxes.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I dont know if remaping will be needed. Currently I have no exhaust and it seems to be running fine. I just took another look at that Rebel video that Zeed has posted and that looks like a 500 not a 300 so maybe Im doing something wrong with the install or maybe they sent me the wrong one.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'll try to get a video tonight of it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
As promised short video clip.

Reactions: Kenny G
1 - 14 of 14 Posts