Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I鈥檓 32 and I live in Southern California. I own a 2022 Rebel 500 ABS SE which I purchased in February.
I鈥檝e been riding daily since then and I鈥檝e put about 1500 miles under my belt so far.
I had been wanting to ride since I was in high school and I finally took the beginners course as a birthday present this year. better late than never, and riding has been everything I could鈥檝e imagined.

My dad prevented me from riding as a teen (even though he rode in his early 20s), and my wife and I had our first child at 22 years old so it put my plans on pause. Now, my wife wants to start riding when our baby gets a little older. My 9 year old loves riding with me and he can鈥檛 stop talking about it.

This 500 was a great starter motorcycle, and I鈥檓 glad the dealership talked me into it instead of the 300.

thanks guys!
Land vehicle Tire Fuel tank Wheel Photograph

Fuel tank Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How was the airflow on the batwing? What brand is it?
honestly it feels like I鈥檓 not getting pushed around too much. Might be the placebo effect. I got it on eBay 鈥渒speed batwing鈥 and it ships from Thailand with no instructions. Took a bit to figure it out. The material is abs plastic. I thought it would be thicker and stronger feeling but whatever.
My only complaint on the wing is you would need to change the current positioning of the front turn signals which I still haven鈥檛 done so they鈥檙e hiding behind the batwing.
I accident ordered two of them and it鈥檒l be here any day now. Thailand doesn鈥檛 show tracking updates.
I was going to return it for a refund but I鈥檒l post it on here for what I bought it for to see if anyone here in the US decides to buy before I ship it back.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi, sweet ride but does the batwing push up against the signals?
Yes, right now the signals are hidden behind the batwing. I need to relocate the signals to the bottom of the upper forks. It requires me to splice the right side to make the wires longer. The problem I鈥檓 facing is I have the fork covers which have a base that attaches to the bottom of the upper fork, and the signals sit right above it in the stock position to create a tight fit (no play/wiggle).
This is how it would look when I鈥檓 done:

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Fuel tank Automotive lighting

1 - 10 of 10 Posts