Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner

Demographic

11K views 37 replies 29 participants last post by  Specter1 
#1 ·
I'd like a quick show of 'hands' please.
All the Honda sales pitches about the Rebel state that it is aimed at a younger new generation of riders. Its classic yet modern styling aimed at GenY riders and perhaps younger to re-invigorate the riding market. I'm curious to see if they are actually attracting that market.
Can I get an indication from members here what demographic we are all in? Have Honda hit the mark or is the Rebel actually attracting a market they didn't expect?

I'm mid 40s and looking to get back into riding after a long break. I'm sure my wife thinks it's a mid life crisis kicking in...:laugh:

Fletch

#16 ·
I'm 56, I won't be getting a Rebel until spring or summer but I think a great bike speaks to any generation. As far as a mid-life crisis is concerned, I see it as this, I did it all properly. The kids are grown and gone and self-sufficient. I've got 23 years on the job and the retirement funds are established and doing well. I'm not drowning in debt and I'm in good health. Buying a motorcycle is just a part of living a life I worked hard for, sitting on the couch and waiting to die will kill your mind, body, and soul in a slow and agonizing fashion as far as I'm concerned. No thanks.......

#17 ·
I am 23. It is targeted towards the younger generation, but how many younger people can really afford a Brand new Bike from the dealership. I am fortunate enough not to have debt from college, but I am in a small group. I would expect younger people start to pick up this bike more in the coming years. Its low price compared to other new bikes, but it is still a substantial amount of money for someone starting off in life :)

There is my 2 cents, cause you know.... I am so old and wise. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.