SloLane's 500 - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
SloLane's 500

Few bits installed onto my 500 to get it ready for the riding season, mostly just simple bolt-ons.

Biltwell Keystone bars, Biltwell grips, flipped stock mirrors and installed onto Ebay mirror mounts, Amazon mirror screws/plugs for stock mirror location, Ram mount x-grip on bars, Battery tender fused phone power, Go-Cruise throttle lock...

Small tactical bag on bars, aftermarket signals/mounts....

Triumph/Lucus styled taillight, Sportster sissy bar, 2nd LED taillight flipped and mounted on sissy bar, aftermarket signals/mounts...

Homemade side/solo bag stay, medium sized solo tactical bag, Tourmaster heated gear lead...

Mussari slip on...

So far I'm loving my 500, I have had a lot of bikes and can tell this one is a keeper for sure!

Ride safe and have fun y'all!
Kenny G, Odin and Brams6976 like this.

2017 Honda Rebel 500
2017 Polaris Slingshot SLR
2017 Honda Grom SF
2015 Honda Grom OG
post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 09:39 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by slolane View Post
Few bits installed onto my 500 to get it ready for the riding season, mostly just simple bolt-ons.

Biltwell Keystone bars, Biltwell grips, flipped stock mirrors and installed onto Ebay mirror mounts, Amazon mirror screws/plugs for stock mirror location, Ram mount x-grip on bars, Battery tender fused phone power, Go-Cruise throttle lock...

Small tactical bag on bars, aftermarket signals/mounts....

Triumph/Lucus styled taillight, Sportster sissy bar, 2nd LED taillight flipped and mounted on sissy bar, aftermarket signals/mounts...

Homemade side/solo bag stay, medium sized solo tactical bag, Tourmaster heated gear lead...

Mussari slip on...

So far I'm loving my 500, I have had a lot of bikes and can tell this one is a keeper for sure!

Ride safe and have fun y'all!
I see people are getting into the keystones look, apart for the yellow the bike looks awesome

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

New to motorcycles, so far Im loving it
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
I see people are getting into the keystones look, apart for the yellow the bike looks awesome

Yeh I have had many mini apes and a few other Biltwell brand bars on my other cruisers over the years. I like these, pretty short at 5" but fit and feel nice. Thank you. I love the yellow, have had just about every other color bike before so wanted this yellow for sure.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2017 Honda Rebel 500
2017 Honda Grom SF
2015 Honda Grom OG
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 10:20 PM

Garage
Quote:
Yeh I have had many mini apes and a few other Biltwell brand bars on my other cruisers over the years. I like these, pretty short at 5" but fit and feel nice. Thank you. I love the yellow, have had just about every other color bike before so wanted this yellow for sure.

I find the yellow and red versions awkward, but that's my opinion you do as you like, I don't like the grey either but the black looks just right hits the spot for me, the rebel is my first bigger bike, but I intend on keeping it and buying another one a bit more super adventure like a cbx or equal I guess, not into sports but have a soft spot for nakeds hehe

post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
I find the yellow and red versions awkward, but that's my opinion you do as you like, I don't like the grey either but the black looks just right hits the spot for me, the rebel is my first bigger bike, but I intend on keeping it and buying another one a bit more super adventure like a cbx or equal I guess, not into sports but have a soft spot for nakeds hehe

Different strokes for different folks. I love the yellow because its different. Most of my first several bikes were black, most all of my friends have black cruisers... harleys, Indians and metric bikes.

I grew up riding dirt bikes, duel sports and sport bikes. Worked at a Honda dealer through the 90s and have had dozens of bikes... supermoto, minis, cruiser, cafe, touring, etc. I love them all, different tools for different jobs.

Kenny G likes this.

2017 Honda Rebel 500
2017 Honda Grom SF
2015 Honda Grom OG
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 12:35 AM

Garage
Quote:
Different strokes for different folks. I love the yellow because its different. Most of my first several bikes were black, most all of my friends have black cruisers... harleys, Indians and metric bikes.

I grew up riding dirt bikes, duel sports and sport bikes. Worked at a Honda dealer through the 90s and have had dozens of bikes... supermoto, minis, cruiser, cafe, touring, etc. I love them all, different tools for different jobs.

This is what I usually say, diferent tools to different jobs when people get all upset to witch is best, honestly I like the speed just don't like the sports bikes looks rather have a naked, my favorites ares scramblers they do both city and country and I love the retro look, I don't like adventure bikes but I love getting in mud and forest a so on so I guess I'll get one, I'd love to own a harley but I'd rather ride my bike than spending my time fixing it so indian dark horse is one on my list! Have you had any indian, is it good?

post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 12:49 AM

Looking good! I have the same bars and love the more aggressive look and riding stance it gives without looking too ape hanger-ish like the Harley guys.

Oklahoma
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 12:54 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
This is what I usually say, diferent tools to different jobs when people get all upset to witch is best, honestly I like the speed just don't like the sports bikes looks rather have a naked, my favorites ares scramblers they do both city and country and I love the retro look, I don't like adventure bikes but I love getting in mud and forest a so on so I guess I'll get one, I'd love to own a harley but I'd rather ride my bike than spending my time fixing it so indian dark horse is one on my list! Have you had any indian, is it good?

I have had a lot of bikes, over 60 now, over 49 cars... there is no "best". You can find the best for you... your style, income, task at hand, etc but there is no overall best.

I have had one Indian, a 2016 Chieftain that I basically turned into a Roadmaster... I called it a Chief-Master. Awesome bikes, effortless to ride, Cadillac comfortable and loaded with really nice features... just like all touring bikes... heavy. I have an old line of duty knee injury that has made it harder and harder to ride heavy bikes so switched it up again. Highly recommend their bikes, they are awesome. If they made a trike I would buy it tomorrow. I have had 5 Harleys, oldest being a 2002 and never had any issues with mine but I have seen friends have a lot of issues with theirs. If Indian doesnt make a trike within 2 or 3 years I'm buying a Harley Freewheeler, little hotrod of a trike, a friend has one and its awesome. Will use that for rides with my wife, parades my club does, etc but will keep the Rebel 500, it's just fun.

Kenny G and hulksmash like this.

2017 Honda Rebel 500
2017 Honda Grom SF
2015 Honda Grom OG
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 12:59 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Sun View Post
Looking good! I have the same bars and love the more aggressive look and riding stance it gives without looking too ape hanger-ish like the Harley guys.
Thank you. You're right, these bars really change it up. I love the setup now, cheap and easy bar swap. I have run "mini apes" on 2 of my previous Harleys which were good... just have to keep my hands below my heart for comfort and ability to ride longer distances.

2017 Honda Rebel 500
2017 Honda Grom SF
2015 Honda Grom OG
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 01:18 AM

Garage
Quote:
I have had a lot of bikes, over 60 now, over 49 cars... there is no "best". You can find the best for you... your style, income, task at hand, etc but there is no overall best.

I have had one Indian, a 2016 Chieftain that I basically turned into a Roadmaster... I called it a Chief-Master. Awesome bikes, effortless to ride, Cadillac comfortable and loaded with really nice features... just like all touring bikes... heavy. I have an old line of duty knee injury that has made it harder and harder to ride heavy bikes so switched it up again. Highly recommend their bikes, they are awesome. If they made a trike I would buy it tomorrow. I have had 5 Harleys, oldest being a 2002 and never had any issues with mine but I have seen friends have a lot of issues with theirs. If Indian doesnt make a trike within 2 or 3 years I'm buying a Harley Freewheeler, little hotrod of a trike, a friend has one and its awesome. Will use that for rides with my wife, parades my club does, etc but will keep the Rebel 500, it's just fun.

Yeah I agree in full the reason I don't stay in groups it's they always end up in a discussion about what's best, I sometimes go on group rides but end up coming home alone, I'm a peaceful guy I just love riding and having these people on constant discussions or doing anything stupid I'd rather ride alone, I usually get attached to vehicles my rebel is my baby and my 95 307 pug I don't see my self selling my bike or my car I guess cause I'm still young, how old are btw if you don't mind me asking?

Odin likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page