Almost finished - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 7Likes
  • 6 Post By CGrazFL
  • 1 Post By CGrazFL

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Almost finished

I left my Rebel stock for a long time, I really wanted to get a good feel for the bike and see what mods I needed to make. Here is what I have done so far and why:

Drag Bars: I really like the riding position with the drag bars. They sit about 2 inches lower than the stock bars, I get a very slight lean forward and my hands are a bit wider apart. Much more comfortable for me.

Hand Grips: I got these at a swap meet, they are a copy of the Kuryakyn grips. These grips do a great job of eliminating the vibrations in the handlebars.

LED Headlight: Street lights are few and far between in my neck of the woods, also have the added risk of deer and the occasional black bear running across the road so I need all the light I can get!

TBR Exhaust: This was the one thing I did for looks. The fact that it sounds pretty mean was an added bonus!

Bigger footpegs: Wife was complaining of foot pain after a ride, going with the bigger pegs has taken care of that. I ordered black but got chrome pegs, I decided I like them so I kept them.

MOLLE sidebag: I needed a little something just to hold a few items when I ride, this holds all my stuff and then some.

Backrest: Bought this off ebay. My wife kept telling me she was afraid of falling off the back of the bike so I added the backrest.

I've gone back and forth about changing the brick and turn signals, but I think I'm going to leave them alone. They work and have great visibility, so unless I find a really sweet looking setup that I gotta have, the lights are going to stay stock.

Last thing I want to do is swap out the seats for one of those double seats. I'm OK with the stock seat, but my wife hates the passenger seat after about 15-20 minutes. That probably won't happen until early next year, we have a trip coming up and then the holidays so right now there's no money in the budget for cool motorcycle stuff.

-CG
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Backrest2.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	394.1 KB
ID:	25947   Click image for larger version

Name:	Backrest1.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	285.0 KB
ID:	25949   Click image for larger version

Name:	Backrest4.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	384.3 KB
ID:	25951   Click image for larger version

Name:	Backrest3.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	287.3 KB
ID:	25953  
illec, Fletch, Odin and 3 others like this.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 03:03 PM

looks good!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 03:49 PM

I dig the bars - nice work!
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 07:29 PM

I know this is a old post, but do you have a link to the molle bag? Also did you have to drill out holes for the drag bars?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 11:10 PM

Looks good! Molle bag is neat idea. I'll look into it. Thanks for sharing.

Rebel 500
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBF17 View Post
I know this is a old post, but do you have a link to the molle bag? Also did you have to drill out holes for the drag bars?
Link for the Molle bag:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yes, I had to drill the handlebars but that wasn't difficult to do. Just line up the housing where you want it, mark where the stud will sit and drill the hole. I have a cheap little cordless drill so it took me a while to drill through but a good drill would do it in seconds.

-CG
Kenny G likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page