Thanks for Joining!
There is no charge for joining this Forum! This is a community of individuals who share a common interest in the Honda Rebel. It is our goal to support the thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experiences among Rebel enthusiasts and we aim to ensure that the forum is an enjoyable place that you want to visit time and time again. If you come across any violations of these guidelines or have any problems navigating the site, do not hesitate to let us know through the Report Post function or by contacting a moderator. We'll be happy to address your concerns.
Please think before you post and limit your comments to the topic at hand; above all be nice. We encourage everyone to participate in and enjoy the Community while at the same time adhering to these rules:
* Our rules extend to all sections of the website including messaging functions, blogs, galleries and any other public or private posting.
* Do not engage in personal attacks. You may challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Sarcasm, belligerence, insults, profanity, extreme anger, or offensive comments about race, gender, sexual orientation, and national origin are not acceptable.
* Discussion topics should be associated with the Honda Rebel with the exception being the ''Honda Rebel Lounge AreaĒ Forum which is intended for some off-topic and non-Rebel related topics.
* General discussions of politics, general government policies, weaponry, gun rights and religion tend to offend one group or another, and are not allowed in ANY areas of Honda Rebel Forum. Discussions about current or pending legislation or regulations, that directly pertain to the Honda Rebel or motorcycling are acceptable but will be closed or removed if they wander off topic or become disruptive.
* Posts containing rude, explicit, obscene or vulgar language, vulgar humor or abbreviations, images or links to websites with adult content/images or punctuation marks designed to "trick" our obscenity filter will be removed.
* Be mindful of yourself and others. This forum is not a democracy and we make the rules. We encourage members to engage in discussions, but there is no guarantee that you can say whatever you like. If rules are violated we retain the right to remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or remove members. Any abuse toward our staff may result in immediate suspension of your account.
* Public discussion about moderation or moderator decisions is not allowed. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact a forum administrator.
* Do not post libelous remarks or directly misleading information.
* Do not start or participate in flame wars, i.e. my XXX is better than your XXXX.
* Do not post the same discussion more than once or in more than one forum.
* Posts are to be made in the topically appropriate forum area and may be moved to meet this standard. Posts made in the various 'mechanical' forums should be relative to the topic of that forum.
* Participants may not bump threads unnecessarily. Bumping is posting useless information, posting one-liners or any other action to deliberately keep a thread hot.
* Trolling, flaming, or cyberstalking are NOT allowed and are grounds for account restriction or banishment. Trolling on this board includes posting controversial and often irrelevant or off-topic messages with the intention of (or anticipated result of) baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal, harmonious on-topic discussion, especially when a pattern of such posting is apparent.
* We take the "be nice" rule VERY seriously! We do not tolerate ANY rudeness.
No Spam, Sales or Solicitations in Forum Discussions
NO SPAM! Our user base is not a resource to be "mined" by individuals, groups, or businesses, for profit or not for profit.
* Participants may not post affiliate links or direct others to any pages at their own commercial website or website in which they have a commercial interest unless a vendor account has been established. Exception to this may be found in Signature standards (see below).
* Post Rebel and motorcycle related sales in Classifieds only. Discussion forums, galleries or other sections of our site may not be used to sell products or solicit for items wanted. A brief (passing) mention that an item is listed in the Classified area is acceptable, but must not include an item description, pricing or similar details. Please read **Rules for Posting in Classifieds** located in each classified sub-forum.
Forum members may use standard fonts available on the forum. The standard font size is 2. The use of bold, large or colored fonts should be used sparingly. Posts containing inappropriate formatting will be removed or modified at our discretion; e.g. all caps or excessive color.
E-mail addresses, URLs, business names and vulgar or offensive names are not appropriate forum user names. If you choose a username that is confusing, misleading or similar to an already existing account, we may require you to change it.
Posts should be well formatted. Use paragraphs, punctuation, and capital letters appropriately. Excessive use of Netspeak/LOLspeak (internet slang) and texting shortcuts (b4, str8, etc) is not permitted. Posts with violations may be edited or deleted without notification.
The language of this forum is English. If you are not a native English speaker, do your best. We are glad to have you as a member and will be supportive and polite.
Do not post protected or copyrighted material. Information copyrighted or owned by any individual or entity other than the member should not be posted on the discussion forums without the consent of the owner. If such an event occurs, the individual posting the information shall be held solely responsible. You cannot legally post entire articles or news in the forum without permission from the copyright holder. Even if you attribute the article correctly, itís still copyright infringement. Under Fair Use provisions you can legally post a small abstract of an article - or perhaps the opening paragraph. In either case please post a link to the source. The exception to this rule is press releases; they are meant for distribution and can be copied and posted in their entirety. If you are not sure if you can copy something then always err on the side of caution and simply post a link to the material.
Signatures may be setup in your profile rather than manually added to your messages. They will appear at the bottom of every post you make.
* Signatures must be kept to a maximum of three lines (including blank lines) and contain no more than one link. (non-commercial).
* Signatures may not include email addresses, links to competing websites, prompts to contact or a sales pitch.
* Signatures must follow our forums posting standards.
About the First Amendment and Your "right to free speech"
We believe in public freedom of speech but that right does not infer that others have to publish your speech. HondaRebel3Forum.com is not a public resource; it is privately owned and we require members to abide by our rules and by the decisions of our staff. If you post outside these guidelines your post may be edited or deleted - this does not violate your right to Free Speech.
Site Management, Member Concerns & Account Closure
If we feel site rules are violated we may remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or restrict account access. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned or any other member of our site team. Do not repost deleted material. This forum is largely self-policing, which means that moderators will respond and react to problems reported through the REPORT POST option, via the CONTACT FORM at the bottom of each page, or via PM. Do not hesitate to use these tools to report any problems regarding the forum.
Requests for changes to your account should be made by using the Honda Rebel Forum Help desk
Participants may only have one account. Moderators may delete multiple accounts or request clarification from the accounts in question.
Someone must interpret the above guidelines and how they apply to this forum. Ultimately, it's up to our site moderators and administrators to make this decision. If you have any questions about these guidelines, please feel free to contact the moderator staff.
Registering and participating at HondaRebel3Forum.com constitutes agreement to abide by these rules and to abide by the community rules.
We reserve the right to modify these rules at any time without giving prior notice.