Anyone used a Motolord chump handlebar set - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 4Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Anyone used a Motolord chump handlebar set

Anyone used a Motolordd chump handlebar set?

They come with longer clutch cable and brake line. Shame you can't get extended wire sets.

Thinking of trying one, not sure which one yet.

The regular custom chump may leave more room for gear indicator on top with more arch to the the top bar and may be tilted back more for comfort,

The custom chump V2 looks better, but the top bar is straighter and don't know where the gear indicator will go or how far back it could be tilted.

Honda Rebel CMX 300 500 Motolordd Custom Chumps Handlebar 8"

Honda Rebel CMX 300 500 Motolordd Custom Chumps Handlebar 8" -V2

As long as I still get excited to go for a ride, I'll be riding. In the end it may be a moped, but I'll still be riding.

You only have today, go for a ride

Ride and be Free

2018 Rebel 300

Last edited by dsctr3; 04-28-2019 at 06:15 PM.
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 08:25 AM

+1 vote for V2. If you buy either of them though post pictures and leave a review please! I've been thinking about them for a while.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinbrianbmx View Post
+1 vote for V2. If you buy either of them though post pictures and leave a review please! I've been thinking about them for a while.
I will post a message if I get a chumps handlebars setup from Zeeds.

I don't know how to post photo's on a thread or I would have on other mods I've done.

As long as I still get excited to go for a ride, I'll be riding. In the end it may be a moped, but I'll still be riding.

Ride and be Free

2018 Rebel 300

Last edited by dsctr3; 04-29-2019 at 02:13 PM.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 08:19 PM

I have the first version of these bars on my Rebel. No real complaints but a few things came up in the install I think you should consider before getting them.

Extension cables work just fine but I'm still on the hunt for some extended lines. The throttle cables had to be taken out of the triple clamp in order to reach. The bars can still turn either way without tightening up but it doesn't look as neat. Clutch cable reaches just fine as well but the original cable has a bend towards the end of it that prevents it from rubbing against the engine. Probably wear out a bit faster than they normally would but it seems to be holding up just fine.

Overall they look great, especially with the fairing that Motorlordd makes. I have a more upright position when riding now so am now much more comfortable. I think I've seen an option with Barnett Cables for extended lines for this generation of Rebels so I'm likely going to dig into that a bit more.

Hope this helps! Sorry if some of the pics came out sideways. I couldn't figure out how to adjust that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190331_171315.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	550.8 KB
ID:	27953   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190331_172141.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	289.8 KB
ID:	27961   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190324_135211.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	281.0 KB
ID:	27963  
flyinbrianbmx and dsctr3 like this.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 562rebel View Post
I have the first version of these bars on my Rebel. No real complaints but a few things came up in the install I think you should consider before getting them.

Extension cables work just fine but I'm still on the hunt for some extended lines. The throttle cables had to be taken out of the triple clamp in order to reach. The bars can still turn either way without tightening up but it doesn't look as neat. Clutch cable reaches just fine as well but the original cable has a bend towards the end of it that prevents it from rubbing against the engine. Probably wear out a bit faster than they normally would but it seems to be holding up just fine.

Overall they look great, especially with the fairing that Motorlordd makes. I have a more upright position when riding now so am now much more comfortable. I think I've seen an option with Barnett Cables for extended lines for this generation of Rebels so I'm likely going to dig into that a bit more.

Hope this helps! Sorry if some of the pics came out sideways. I couldn't figure out how to adjust that.

Are the handlebars pre-drilled for the switch bodies to go on the bars, or did you have to drill the holes?

Any problems with the wires for the switches?

Are the bars almost straight or a pull back and slope down?

Still thinking of getting a pair, deciding on the first version or the V2. I need to get a more upright riding position.

No problem with the photo's, I don't even know how to attach them, so you did good.

Ride and be Free

2018 Rebel 300

Last edited by dsctr3; 05-04-2019 at 01:06 PM.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 02:19 AM

Holes

You have to drill the holes, plus when installed the bar reduces the view of the clock a little, you are not able to see the indicator flash warning light on the clock.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190317_105503 (1).jpg
Views:	109
Size:	401.4 KB
ID:	27969   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190317_105142 (1).jpg
Views:	71
Size:	191.6 KB
ID:	27971   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190317_105423 (1).jpg
Views:	76
Size:	237.4 KB
ID:	27973  
flyinbrianbmx and dsctr3 like this.

Four wheels move the Body, Two wheels move the Soul
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Ordered the 8" custom chumps today.
Should be able to tilt back enough for a comfortable ride.
Can't ride leaning forward any more, hurts back, shoulders and neck.

Ride and be Free

2018 Rebel 300
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Got the 8" Chumps yesterday.

I would NOT recommend buying these handle bars, they are out of square.

Laying front down on a bench, the left bar end is 4 1/2" off table and the right is 5 1/4" off the table.

Laying bar ends down, the handle bars wobble and the down tubes are not the same length from the bottom of the triple tree handle bar mount tube.

Since they are from Thailand it is not cost effective to return.

Only good thing to say is the holes are drilled for switch housing and lever mounting and there is a clutch cable and brake line extension.

Would be better off buying Biltwell or other brand chumps and finding cable and brake line extensions.

Ride and be Free

2018 Rebel 300

Last edited by dsctr3; 05-14-2019 at 11:07 AM.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 07:56 AM
Iro

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsctr3 View Post
Would be better off buying Biltwell or other brand chumps and finding cable and brake line extensions.
Never seen extended cables at this time. So we have to DIY the cables.
Or if exising ones are compatible , I will be happy to know which ones !
And about the brake extender and the ABS ? It's possible to buy bespoke brake extender but is there an incident to add 10 or 12" ?

Thank you

yo
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 12:46 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 562rebel View Post

Did you have to bleed the brakes when installing the brake line extender? I’m going to do the install and was wondering if I would need any extra help or should I be able to complete the install by myself. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk