Anyone used a Motolord chump handlebar set - Page 2 - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 4Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsctr3 View Post
Got the 8" Chumps yesterday.

I would NOT recommend buying these handle bars, they are out of square.

Laying front down on a bench, the left bar end is 4 1/2" off table and the right is 5 1/4" off the table.

Laying bar ends down, the handle bars wobble and the down tubes are not the same length from the bottom of the triple tree handle bar mount tube.

Since they are from Thailand it is not cost effective to return.

Only good thing to say is the holes are drilled for switch housing and lever mounting and there is a clutch cable and brake line extension.

Would be better off buying Biltwell or other brand chumps and finding cable and brake line extensions.
Update
Zeeds parts sent a new set of handle bars that are straight and square. Without having to send back the out of square handle bars.

I would now recommend these handlebars and dealing with Zeeds parts. They are a good company

As long as I still get excited to go for a ride, I'll be riding. In the end it may be a moped, but I'll still be riding.

You only have today, go for a ride

Ride and be Free

2018 Rebel 300
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 04:44 AM
Iro

Garage
Hello,
Does this kit fit for the ABS version ?
Could some one who has the kit, make some photos about the brake extender hose , please ?
And explain how it works.

Thank you

yo
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iro View Post
Hello,
Does this kit fit for the ABS version ?
Could some one who has the kit, make some photos about the brake extender hose , please ?
And explain how it works.

Thank you
Since the brake line extension is at the handlebars it should work on a ABS bike, it is before the abs non dis connectable fittings under the tank.

I will post photo's when I get the handlebars installed, it may be a few days, have other bikes to ride and work on also.

Basically it works by extending the brake line, once the air bubble are out it will work as normal brakes.

As long as I still get excited to go for a ride, I'll be riding. In the end it may be a moped, but I'll still be riding.

You only have today, go for a ride

Ride and be Free

2018 Rebel 300
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Unread Today, 05:26 AM
Iro

Garage
Hello
Thank you for the answer (2 months later )
Do you have photos of the extended hose ?

Thank you

yo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page