4Likes
  • 1 Post By macjosh1
  • 1 Post By Kenny G
  • 2 Post By Strawdog

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-15-2017, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
groups

General discussion on group rides. Or rant. lol.

HATE THEM!!! For starters, no one is able to do one bloody constant speed. Your either going fast, or going slow, and constantly breaking!! Then you get riders riding too close, not in the right staggered position, going swervy swervy. then you get stuck behind this one, where they brake whenever they see a crack in the road they swerve like a car. And I mean a crack, literally, not a gorge or pot hole, but just a crack.

then its the noise and smell. Harley's it always seems, the owners must go straight pipe. so they're loud as ****, and granted, noise is sometimes a good thing, but my god, some our just stupid loud. and of course, straight piped, so you get nothing but exhaust in your face. And constantly reving the piss out of the bike. For no reason I can fathom, be riding along, rev rev rev, clutch, rev rev rev, change gears rrrreeeevvvvvv accelerate. like really? You like the sound of your bike that much. I got an idea, record your noise, put it on a iphone or some such, and just listen to that as you ride and save everyone else's ear drums.

bah! annoying. lol. Sorry for the rant, delete if you want. I am interested in any stories about group riding someone would like to share.

If I can help it, I will embrace the Lone Rider! Less distracting, and definitely a more enjoyable experience. lol.
Roberto3 likes this.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-15-2017, 02:08 PM

I basically view group rides of more that 5 as dangerous, and then, it should be with people that you know and can trust to behave sanely.

I normally ride alone both on the street and off-road. That's the reason for the big tool bag.

John '14CB500XA (Daily Rider), '09CRF230L (Li'l Red Piglet), '89NX250 (sold), '01Rebel250(sold)
Propelled by Penguin Power
Nekkid motorcycles feel faster
1st bike: a gently used 1958 Matchless 250 thumper
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-15-2017, 02:24 PM

Garage
Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjosh1 View Post
General discussion on group rides. Or rant. lol.

HATE THEM!!! For starters, no one is able to do one bloody constant speed. Your either going fast, or going slow, and constantly breaking!! Then you get riders riding too close, not in the right staggered position, going swervy swervy. then you get stuck behind this one, where they brake whenever they see a crack in the road they swerve like a car. And I mean a crack, literally, not a gorge or pot hole, but just a crack.

then its the noise and smell. Harley's it always seems, the owners must go straight pipe. so they're loud as ****, and granted, noise is sometimes a good thing, but my god, some our just stupid loud. and of course, straight piped, so you get nothing but exhaust in your face. And constantly reving the piss out of the bike. For no reason I can fathom, be riding along, rev rev rev, clutch, rev rev rev, change gears rrrreeeevvvvvv accelerate. like really? You like the sound of your bike that much. I got an idea, record your noise, put it on a iphone or some such, and just listen to that as you ride and save everyone else's ear drums.

bah! annoying. lol. Sorry for the rant, delete if you want. I am interested in any stories about group riding someone would like to share.

If I can help it, I will embrace the Lone Rider! Less distracting, and definitely a more enjoyable experience. lol.
I concur......
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-15-2017, 03:54 PM

Garage
I agree, for now I like the lone rider, maybe later I'll consider a group but not right at this moment.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-15-2017, 04:48 PM

Garage
Rebel,

It is good to have a buddy or two to ride with. If anything untoward happens the buddy can always dial 911.

Kenny
FLrebel likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-15-2017, 05:25 PM

I've done one poker run so far (probably at least 50 bikes), but they always have a 2 hour signup window at the starting point, and with all the stops involved, everyone just kindof moves through the day at their own pace. Biggest group I rode with that day was 3 other bikes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

2017 Honda Rebel 500 - Black
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-15-2017, 05:35 PM

I don't understand that there is at least one or more in the group that has his/her radio cranked up so freaking loud that the whole group has to rev their engines. Like they aren't sure that the motor is still running?
Personally, I like the solitude and quiet purr of my engine so I can think.
Kenny G and Lyoko like this.

John

"DEUS REGNAT EXULTET TERRA"

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page