Digital Fuel Gauge - Page 2 - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-28-2017, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjosh1 View Post
same here. Last be left and I ride 60miles and its still there, still not blinking. go to fill up, and still had 2-3 liters out of the 11.? tank. lol. don't think the gauge is very accurate. lol.
I have found in CA if you put the nozzle in straight down the middle through that hole and up against the little stop bar in the tank, you can fill it up without pulling back the vapor sleeve. Then it'll click off a little too soon, so then just squeeze the trigger a little bit and it will dribble in the last 1/2 gallon or so. Been working well for me.
Kenny G likes this.
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 01:25 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djdavies View Post
I have found in CA if you put the nozzle in straight down the middle through that hole and up against the little stop bar in the tank, you can fill it up without pulling back the vapor sleeve. Then it'll click off a little too soon, so then just squeeze the trigger a little bit and it will dribble in the last 1/2 gallon or so. Been working well for me.
I'll have to try that. Brand new to motorcycles and only needed to fill it up once so far, but it sure as **** gave me a headache lol. I was like nothings working until I started messing with the plastic boot.... that's when the fun began. I gotta give my bike a thorough washing this weekend.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-30-2017, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyoko-Code View Post
When it starts to blink you've reached your "reserve tank", wich has about 2 liters left of fuel.
Oh thanks!! I was wondering how to get to the "reserve" tank. so a little less then half a gallon when it starts blinking equates to make sure gas is within 20-30 miles depending on your economy huh?

and upon reading more of the thread, I realize people are having some thoughts that maybe the reserve is a bit bigger then a half gallon?
Lyoko likes this.

Last edited by twosteptortuga; 06-30-2017 at 12:41 PM.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-10-2017, 12:45 PM

Garage
Today my fuel gauge started blinking at 161 miles on the tripometer. I gassed up and it took 2.153 gallons.

If my math is correct I got 74.59 MPG. This may be the most fuel efficient motorbike that I have ever owned.

Kenny G
Tree and R80rt like this.
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-10-2017, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny G View Post
Today my fuel gauge started blinking at 161 miles on the tripometer. I gassed up and it took 2.153 gallons.

If my math is correct I got 74.59 MPG. This may be the most fuel efficient motorbike that I have ever owned.

Kenny G
This only works if you can be sure you filled to the same spot everytime.
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-10-2017, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyg83 View Post
This only works if you can be sure you filled to the same spot everytime.
or do it repeatedly and the sum the miles and gallons

Keith from Maine USA - Rebel R1
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 01:54 AM

Honda Rebel 500 2018 Maximum Gas Mileage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CueBaller View Post
Yesterday was the first time my fuel gauge was low enough to start blinking. It started blinking somewhere around 140/145 miles on the trip odometer, and it was close to 160 before I stopped to fill it up... still only took 2.3 gallons to fill up. Averaged ~65mpg for this tank.
So my honda is the 500 2018 abs model. About 80% of my driving is done on the freeway at an average of 69mph, while the remaining 20% of my driving is done in the streets at an average of 30mph. My motorcycle is practically brand new, its got 500miles on it.

Today I got a total of 186.6 miles out of the entire tank. The last bar of the fuel gauge started blinking at 147.5 miles. That is the reserve tank. The reserve tank gave me 39.1 miles when it started feeling like it was about to stop. At that point I went to the gas station and filled the tank with a total of 3.014 gal. I did spill a tiny bit of gas, and I know the tank is only suposed to go up to 2.9 gals. But regardless those are the numbers. I try not to drive aggressiveley in order to obtain more mpg out of my tank. Let me know if anyone has gotten any more than 40 miles on the reserve tank!
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
So my honda is the 500 2018 abs model. About 80% of my driving is done on the freeway at an average of 69mph, while the remaining 20% of my driving is done in the streets at an average of 30mph. My motorcycle is practically brand new, its got 500miles on it.

Today I got a total of 186.6 miles out of the entire tank. The last bar of the fuel gauge started blinking at 147.5 miles. That is the reserve tank. The reserve tank gave me 39.1 miles when it started feeling like it was about to stop. At that point I went to the gas station and filled the tank with a total of 3.014 gal. I did spill a tiny bit of gas, and I know the tank is only suposed to go up to 2.9 gals. But regardless those are the numbers. I try not to drive aggressiveley in order to obtain more mpg out of my tank. Let me know if anyone has gotten any more than 40 miles on the reserve tank!
Those are very impressive numbers. Impressive being an understatement. Do you mind sharing how you tested and risked going an additional 40 miles and somehow ended up right at the gas station when you felt the bike couldn't go any longer? Or did you literally run in circles around the gas pump to test this?
Lyoko likes this.
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan500 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon View Post

Those are very impressive numbers. Impressive being an understatement. Do you mind sharing how you tested and risked going an additional 40 miles and somehow ended up right at the gas station when you felt the bike couldn't go any longer? Or did you literally run in circles around the gas pump to test this?
His numbers are pretty average.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 08:23 AM

I would advise future riders to avoid testing the limits of their tank this way. Running a fuel injected vehicle to empty isn't so easy to get started back up again.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Kenny G and sfrider1991 like this.

2017 Honda Rebel 300 ABS

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page