What Motorcycle Gear are you sporting? - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 02:05 AM Thread Starter

Garage
What Motorcycle Gear are you sporting?

Hello Everyone,

The Rebel 300A is my first bike and so I started my adventure of grabbing Motorcycle Gear. I Wanted to know what people were sporting on their Motorcycles. As for me it's as follow.

Helmet:
Sedici Strada (Matte Black)

Jacket:
Speed & Strength Off the Chain 2.0 (Black/Orange)

Gloves:
Sedici Castro Gloves

Backpack:
OGIO No Drag Mach 3

Accessory:
Veglo Commuter X4 Wearable Rear Light

I'm still thinking about getting some Jeans / Boots. But at the moment I think what I wear would suffice, since I'm only plan on Commuting with the bike. They're your standard jeans and work boots. I'm a pretty big guy at 5'7" and 275 lbs so not everything fits me comfortably.

I guess my aim was to get a casual look with my gear since I'll be going to school/work mostly. Can't be changing gear all the time .
post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Here in Norway you are required to wear full protective clothes to be allowed to take the driving courses.
By law you only need a helmet, but I still ride with full gear each time I venture on my bike. So boots, pants, jacket, and gloves are top notch Goretex gear.
I've seen my fair share of videos where people only have a helmet as their safety gear, and pays the price for it when they go down.
I don't know about the rest of you, but the skin on my a*s is supposed to stay there!

The summer is uppon us, so I will be investing in some lighter clothes, but they will still be with kevlar to prevent my skin from disappearing.
So then it'll be reinforced shoes (but normal looking), reinforced pants with kevlar (but normal looking), a skin jacket with reinforcement, and some simple gloves.

Safety first people, so don't go cheap on your riding clothes, there is alot of crap out there markeded to be mc clothes but wich doesn't hold up when it matters.
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 01:00 PM

I have an HJC full faced helmet (black and hi-viz yellow), armored jacket, can't recall the brand at the moment (also black and hi-viz yellow), Revit Canyon 2 leather gloves with knuckle armor and vibration dampening palms (black), and black leather riding boots. And I just wear regular jeans.
post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 05:06 PM

Just bought a new jacket and helmet, since I needed a break from black and like having alternate looks.

Helmets: Biltwell Lane Splitter (Flat Titanium) & HJC CL-17 Streamline (Black & Silver - love this helmet as much as my first $$$ Arai from when I first started)
Jacket: Rev'it Eclipse (Brown + Seesoft Back Armor), River Road Baron Mesh & Laughlin (for colder days)
Gloves: Street & Steel Brotherhood
Pants: Sliders Free Ride Jeans (Blue + CE Knee Armor inserts)
Shoes: Street & Steel Big Easy

I really like the Sliders jeans, so check them out if you're looking for riding jeans. I think they're exclusively sold at compacc.com. Just $99, include hip padding, and are made as well as riding jeans I've spent way more on.

Too bad it seems River Road doesn't make jackets anymore. I thought they made good quality & reasonably priced jackets, without the outlandish branding/logos & designs.
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 12:09 PM

Hi, I just changed my Jacket and gloves for the hot summer season :

Helmet : Shoei NXR matte black
Jacket : Segura fresh brown
Gloves : Five Stunt Evo orange
Shoes : Regular sneakers, Adidas, Puma, Camper : I did not find any comfortable bike shoes
Jeans : Diesel, I don't know how they resist to falling down and I DON'T WANT TO KNOW!
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 12:10 PM

Helmet: Summer - Daytona 3/4 Slim Line (BLACK) Fall/Winter - Speed and Strength SS700 (GREEN)
Jacket: Speed and Strength Midnight Express (BLACK)
Boots: Speed and Strength Moment of Truth (BLACK)
Gloves: Joe Rocket Eclipse (...BLACK).

Oh and my Rebel is...BLACK. God I need to add some color to be seen!! lol
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 12:32 PM

Curious if anyone can help. I have a problem with heat. I get sick to my stomach when I am too hot, and I get hot very quickly. I am trying to find a jacket or a long sleeve pull over that has protection but is lightweight and breathable. And preferably in black.
My current jacket gets to hot even without the inner vest on really hot days for me to ride comfortably.
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 01:15 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyg83 View Post
Curious if anyone can help. I have a problem with heat. I get sick to my stomach when I am too hot, and I get hot very quickly. I am trying to find a jacket or a long sleeve pull over that has protection but is lightweight and breathable. And preferably in black.
My current jacket gets to hot even without the inner vest on really hot days for me to ride comfortably.

Shorty,

I use this jacket here: https://www.revzilla.com/product/tou...ora-air-jacket I picked it up in black for $140 on Amazon. So far ive ridden in 95f+ and 75+% humidity and it kept me very comfortable. It's got the armor in shoulders and elbows and a place for a back protector. It does get warm when you're stopped though.
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 01:32 PM

Garage
Hey there.

I just completed my riding course. New rider too. For the course, and road test exams you need full gear. As mention, once your on your own, wear whatever you like.

But I will put it out there, if you do a lot of highway driving, invest in a decent jacket and riding pants. Took a rock to the knee couple weeks ago. At 65mph, the rock was the size of a large bee, and let me tell ya, it hurt like ****. My knee was swollen for 3 days. Imagine if that was to your head, without a full face helmet.
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyg83 View Post
What are you currently wearing? Any jacket is going to be warmer than wearing nothing... that said, there is a huge assortment of mesh jackets out there with various levels of armor included (or available).

And not to state the obvious, but you do realize that wearing black clothing is only going to absorb more heat from the sun, right?

2017 Honda Rebel 500 - Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page