• 2 Post By Kenny G
  • 1 Post By longbeachgary
  • 3 Post By longbeachgary

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
SIDI Air Cobra Motorcycle Boots

Hi All,

I've been wearing Sidi bicycle shoes for several years and really enjoy the quality craftsmanship. I usually wear Dr Martens on the motorcycle but decided to give the Sidi's a try. Funny that the Sidi motorcycle boots are cheaper than the Sidi bicycle shoes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9G4Z3510_1.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	24285   Click image for larger version

Name:	9G4Z3514_1.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	24287  
Kenny G, Odin and Tree like this.

2019 Honda Shadow Aero 750, 2017 Honda Rebel 500 (SOLD), 2018 Kawasaki Vulcan S 650 (SOLD)
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 11:35 PM

Garage
Gary,

Explain what you like about the boots for motorcycle riding. I am due for a new pair of boots this season.

Kenny G
Tree and fujirio like this.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Havenít even ridden in them yet but will keep you posted.
Kenny G likes this.

2019 Honda Shadow Aero 750, 2017 Honda Rebel 500 (SOLD), 2018 Kawasaki Vulcan S 650 (SOLD)
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 04:35 PM

Garage
looking good, hope you like the way they fit and perform.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
So I had the opportunity to ride in the Cobra Air boots. I really love the fit. It took a bit of getting used to as I really couldn't feel the shifter as I can with the Dr. Martens. I did get used to it very quickly. I would definitely recommend them. I think that they offer a bit higher level of safety than plain leather boots.

I also had an Amazon gift card and purchased a pair of Sidi Vertigo boots. They are similar to the Cobras but don't have the "air" component meaning that they are not perforated. They have an adjustable calf section. Also a nice pair of boots and about $25 more than the Cobras.

**Oh, one more thing - I think that it's best to try them on before buying. While they fit my foot shape perfectly I've heard that their shape is not for everyone.**
Kenny G, Lyoko and Odin like this.

Last edited by longbeachgary; 07-02-2018 at 03:06 PM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Used my last amazon card to buy a pair of the Sidi Roarr. Really nice boots - a little less air flow than the Cobra Air - feels a little wider in the calf than both the Corba's and Vertigo - same stiff sole as the others - fit is a nice as the others. Cobra's are great summer boot and the Vertigo and Roarr would do better in the wet and colder weather. Highly recommend Sidi.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 11:09 AM

Not a fan of the power ranger style boots.
I saw they carry Sidi at the cycle gear shop not too far from my house, anyone have experience with their more casual looking riding boots?

Right now I'm wearing a pair of Bilt shoes that resemble a pair of converse. Looks nice, but not really helpful if I were in an accident.
This past a week a friend of my cousin's had his foot touch pavement while riding at just 30 mph. Long story short his sneaker got ripped off his foot, and his foot looks nearly split down the middle (some photos can't be unseen). Really has me considering upgrading to something with better protection.

These are what I'm wearing now. Looking for something similar w/ better protection:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bilt_dexter_textile_motorcycle_shoes_750x750.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	24533  

2017 Honda Rebel 300 ABS
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollarbill181 View Post
This past a week a friend of my cousin's had his foot touch pavement while riding at just 30 mph. Long story short his sneaker got ripped off his foot, and his foot looks nearly split down the middle (some photos can't be unseen).
Has to be more to it than that for that kind of damage to have been done.

Personally, I just wear plain Jane leather boots.. currently a pair of Sketchers.

2017 Honda Rebel 500 - Black
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dollarbill181 View Post
Not a fan of the power ranger style boots.
I saw they carry Sidi at the cycle gear shop not too far from my house, anyone have experience with their more casual looking riding boots?

Right now I'm wearing a pair of Bilt shoes that resemble a pair of converse. Looks nice, but not really helpful if I were in an accident.
This past a week a friend of my cousin's had his foot touch pavement while riding at just 30 mph. Long story short his sneaker got ripped off his foot, and his foot looks nearly split down the middle (some photos can't be unseen). Really has me considering upgrading to something with better protection.

These are what I'm wearing now. Looking for something similar w/ better protection:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CueBaller View Post
Has to be more to it than that for that kind of damage to have been done.

Personally, I just wear plain JaneThe leather boots.. currently a pair of Sketchers.
IMO the main concern is whether or not the shoe/boot stays on. Even some motorcycle style lether boots don't look as if they'd stay on. SIDI does have some shorter length boots that you may like (Apex and a couple of others) but they still have the power ranger look.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page