Seat options - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 63Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 66 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
Lyoko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Europe - Norway
Posts: 1,655
Garage
Seat options

So as we all know, it ain't a secret, the stock seat ain't exactly top notch.
Last season I managed. It hurt like heck to start with, but I actually managed to get used to the seat over time, and did trips where I drove 2-3 hours without stopping. And without dying!
But, I don't expect I'm able to pick up where I left, so I'm in for another period of pain again...
So yeah, new seat.
I looked around a bit, and honestly, the options out there is actually still quite limited in regards of a new seat.
And out of those that I did find, only one of them was ok ish in appearance, this one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Rebel...taP1KN&vxp=mtr

Anyone have any experience with the brand Noi and Zeed?
The price wasn't appalling either, compared to other options out there. But then again, you get what you pay for also, so..

I'd happily accept any experience and other tips for a new seat
But that does not include getting the stock re-upholstered, as that isn't an option where I live. There are few people doing such work here, and it's waaay more expensive than any other seat option out there, yes even the corbin seat.
And speaking of corbin seat, don't mention it even.. I'm sorry guys, but that seat is just not my cup of tea.

Lyoko - Black Rebel 500
Lyoko is offline  
post #2 of 66 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 03:54 PM
Member
 
bajonett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: London, UK
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyoko-Code View Post
So as we all know, it ain't a secret, the stock seat ain't exactly top notch.
Last season I managed. It hurt like heck to start with, but I actually managed to get used to the seat over time, and did trips where I drove 2-3 hours without stopping. And without dying!
But, I don't expect I'm able to pick up where I left, so I'm in for another period of pain again...
So yeah, new seat.
I looked around a bit, and honestly, the options out there is actually still quite limited in regards of a new seat.
And out of those that I did find, only one of them was ok ish in appearance, this one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Rebel...taP1KN&vxp=mtr

Anyone have any experience with the brand Noi and Zeed?
The price wasn't appalling either, compared to other options out there. But then again, you get what you pay for also, so..

I'd happily accept any experience and other tips for a new seat
But that does not include getting the stock re-upholstered, as that isn't an option where I live. There are few people doing such work here, and it's waaay more expensive than any other seat option out there, yes even the corbin seat.
And speaking of corbin seat, don't mention it even.. I'm sorry guys, but that seat is just not my cup of tea.
I am very much on the same page with you here..
I was searching for ages and found exactly the same seats but on Zeedparts, few other options there. I also agree with you about the Corbin, it might be very comfy but it looks just huuuge (and ugly to my eyes)..
The problem is, even if you find a seat which looks thicker and good quality, there are zero informations and reviews about them and most comes from Thailand which makes returns a bit of a pain.

I hope here I will find good recommendations as I am planning a long Europe tour on summer and the seat is one of the must to upgrade before I do that
Lyoko likes this.
bajonett is offline  
post #3 of 66 (permalink) Old 02-16-2018, 04:14 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
Lyoko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Europe - Norway
Posts: 1,655
Garage
Yeah it's a bit of a mine field, you never quite know until you try.
I'm leaning towards getting this seat, as it's a fair price, and it does look slightly thicker than the stock seat, so it should provide better support.
And it is zeed parts eBay listing I've linked to, so it ain't some Thai dude trying to make a buck, sorta..

But yeah, I saw the different seats that zeed offers, but I don't like the look on them. I'm a bit picky on how things look.
I've got a black rebel, so red stitching is a no.

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
Keptrak likes this.

Lyoko - Black Rebel 500
Lyoko is offline  
post #4 of 66 (permalink) Old 02-16-2018, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
Lyoko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Europe - Norway
Posts: 1,655
Garage
Well I went ahead and ordered the seat, so bajonett you can be sure to expect an review on it from me with time
Might be a while until that happens thou.. I'm strongly hoping it has become ridable weather again around late Mars here. It's also around that time I can expect the seat to arrive.
I'm thinking if this seat isn't all what I need it to be, I'm gonna be re-doing the stock seat myself with new cover and padding. So time will show

Lyoko - Black Rebel 500
Lyoko is offline  
post #5 of 66 (permalink) Old 02-16-2018, 11:56 AM
Member
 
bajonett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: London, UK
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyoko-Code View Post
Well I went ahead and ordered the seat, so bajonett you can be sure to expect an review on it from me with time [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.hondarebel3forum.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
Might be a while until that happens thou.. I'm strongly hoping it has become ridable weather again around late Mars here. It's also around that time I can expect the seat to arrive.
I'm thinking if this seat isn't all what I need it to be, I'm gonna be re-doing the stock seat myself with new cover and padding. So time will show [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.hondarebel3forum.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
You never disappoint us mate, looking forward to the updates
Lyoko likes this.
bajonett is offline  
post #6 of 66 (permalink) Old 02-16-2018, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
Lyoko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Europe - Norway
Posts: 1,655
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajonett View Post
You never disappoint us mate, looking forward to the updates
Hehe, well someone's gotta take the plunge!
And should it not work out, then oh well. The cost isn't that big a deal for me. And I get the option to play around with other ideas for a new seat since I'll be sitting with two, so it's a win win for me either way.
Kenny G and Twizzian like this.

Lyoko - Black Rebel 500
Lyoko is offline  
post #7 of 66 (permalink) Old 02-17-2018, 05:09 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 199
I took the plunge and ordered that seat in black yesterday. Hoping to get it delivered in 2-3 weeks, and then I'll write a review. My main reason for getting that seat was actually the passenger seat which looks a lot more padded than the current one, which means my passengers (mainly my daughter) will have an easier ride when I take them on the bike.

I calculated that with costs of purchase plus tax, it's still cheaper than going to an upholster, and I can always take the seat to an upholster later on if it needs a bit more work.

Will post a review once I get it and install it
Lyoko likes this.
zohararad is offline  
post #8 of 66 (permalink) Old 02-17-2018, 07:23 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
Lyoko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Europe - Norway
Posts: 1,655
Garage
*cough* copy cat *cough* zohararad

Lyoko - Black Rebel 500
Lyoko is offline  
post #9 of 66 (permalink) Old 02-17-2018, 07:26 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
Lyoko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Europe - Norway
Posts: 1,655
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zohararad View Post
I took the plunge and ordered that seat in black yesterday. Hoping to get it delivered in 2-3 weeks.....
2-3 weeks?! Since when did you become neighboring country with Thailand??
Mine says: Estimated delivery Monday, Feb 26, 2018 - Tuesday, Mar 20, 2018.
I'm just glad it says 2018 at least...

Lyoko - Black Rebel 500
Lyoko is offline  
post #10 of 66 (permalink) Old 02-17-2018, 07:30 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyoko-Code View Post
2-3 weeks?! Since when did you become neighboring country with Thailand??
Mine says: Estimated delivery Monday, Feb 26, 2018 - Tuesday, Mar 20, 2018.
I'm just glad it says 2018 at least...
Yeah, am trying to be optimistic here. Might take a while longer, since Israeli postal service is pretty crappy

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Lyoko likes this.
zohararad is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New seat and rack Ragabob What did you do to your 2017+ Honda Rebel today? 12 08-05-2018 04:50 PM
Stock seat alternatives - vendors, cost, fitting & comfort zohararad Accessories And Add Ons 25 04-20-2018 06:31 PM
Removable rear seat frame oORodmaNOo Appearance Modifications 2 02-15-2018 03:08 PM
I'm searching for this seat. tw.song Honda Rebel 300 & 500 General Discussion 12 09-07-2017 03:32 PM
New Seat Available soon. shortyg83 Appearance Modifications 19 06-13-2017 08:40 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome