• 1 Post By zohararad
  • 4 Post By Kenny G
  • 1 Post By hammad.khan
  • 1 Post By CueBaller

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

Seat comfort

Hello all,

Hope everyone's riding is going well, and that those of us who deal with winter get some nice last rides in. I know this has been discussed sporadically around the forum but I was wondering if people could recommend ways I could improve the comfort level of my seat (on my 300). I quite like the design and how it fits so I don't want to go for a new seat. Any way to just make this one comfier? Are there places that can do that?

Thanks all, and safe riding.

Hammad
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 12:19 AM

@Hammad, I suggest getting it upholstered. There's room to add more padding on the original seat, since the vinyl is loose enough. Had it done last week for very little money, and am pretty happy with the result. It's not a lounge chair by any measure, but it's firmer now and kills less of my butt slower.

If you can, I suggest trying to actually firm up the padding, and perhaps add a layer of visco-elastic gel
hammad.khan likes this.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 12:22 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammad.khan View Post
Hello all,

Hope everyone's riding is going well, and that those of us who deal with winter get some nice last rides in. I know this has been discussed sporadically around the forum but I was wondering if people could recommend ways I could improve the comfort level of my seat (on my 300). I quite like the design and how it fits so I don't want to go for a new seat. Any way to just make this one comfier? Are there places that can do that?

Thanks all, and safe riding.
Hammad, I had my seat built up in height using foam rubber. A local custom automotive upholstery shop did if for me and I though it was inexpensive compared to a new seat. I had my seat raised to the extreme and the appearance takes a while to get used to. Just imagine the seat from the brown part up and that is what your seat will look like with one additional inch of foam and a new custom cover.

When the seat fit me the bike became a good fit for me.

Kenny G
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0878.JPG
Views:	315
Size:	779.8 KB
ID:	8785  
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 12:25 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the response. Would would you look for when assessing an upholster? I've never been to one so am not sure who to trust. Are these specific motorcycle upholsters or just generic ones that do furniture and everything else?

Hammad
Kenny G likes this.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 12:44 AM

Look up custom upholsterers in your area, then check their websites and/or call them.

I had mine reupholstered with a denser/firmer foam designed for boat seats. Much better riding now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Kenny G likes this.

2017 Honda Rebel 500 - Black
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 03:15 AM

A DIY option that's not too expensive is to put a gel pad into the seat, but you'll need to be very careful with measuring because you'll need to cut into the existing seat to fit it in.