Adjustable Levers - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 35Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-21-2017, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 221
Adjustable Levers

A listing on eBay finally referenced the Rebel levers as compatible with a Honda Fury / VTX1300CX. So now a search for adjustable levers for the fury gets you many choices as low as $20 pair. I waited to post this until I got a pair and checked the fit which is a-ok. A little sloppy with its assembly, but fits perfectly and the shorties are awesome! Best upgrade ever.
And I now see a listing specific for the Rebel as well.

For Honda Fury VTX1300CX 2009-2017 Clutch Brake Levers Short/Long Adjustable CNC | eBay
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0159.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	3025  
Lyoko, AllenPom and RebelRider like this.
Djdavies is offline  
post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-21-2017, 08:22 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 67
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djdavies View Post
A listing on eBay finally referenced the Rebel levers as compatible with a Honda Fury / VTX1300CX. So now a search for adjustable levers for the fury gets you many choices as low as $20 pair. I waited to post this until I got a pair and checked the fit which is a-ok. A little sloppy with its assembly, but fits perfectly and the shorties are awesome! Best upgrade ever.
And I now see a listing specific for the Rebel as well.

For Honda Fury VTX1300CX 2009-2017 Clutch Brake Levers Short/Long Adjustable CNC | eBay
Apologies for the n00b question, but what exactly do they do and why are they better than the stock levers?

Shadow
shadow is offline  
post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-21-2017, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 221
They look cool, and are adjustable. I like my levers closer to the grip because I don't have foot-long fingers. There are also some that adjust in length as well, but I learned when I bought a pair for my scooter that I really liked short. So I just bought the shorty's straight up. I feel so much more nimble and in control with these little guys. And for $20? You really can't lose.
Djdavies is offline  
post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-21-2017, 09:13 PM
Senior Member
 
CueBaller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 712
What do you mean by sloppy with its assembly?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

2017 Honda Rebel 500 - Black
CueBaller is online now  
post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-22-2017, 12:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by CueBaller View Post
What do you mean by sloppy with its assembly?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
I'm wondering the same thing. I love the adjustable idea, but I've never changed levers and don't need to start with something "sloppy".
jr_b17 is offline  
post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-22-2017, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator
 
Lyoko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Europe - Norway
Posts: 1,654
Garage
Sweet! Thank you so much for this find, just placed my order here ^^,
Lyoko is offline  
post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-22-2017, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 221
It's a 2 piece lever held together by 2 screws and locknuts. There is some lateral movement in that joint. It fits snugly on the bike, it's just the parts themselves. Not as well made as they could be, but for $20 they're well worth it. Doesn't affect normal use anyway.
Lyoko likes this.
Djdavies is offline  
post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-22-2017, 09:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Ryandavis1555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 110
Had these on an old bike of mine. Look sweet. Definitely can attest to the "sloppy", but it doesn't really bother me.

Look cool and the stock levers are very tight *easy adjustment but still*
Ryandavis1555 is offline  
post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 11:32 AM
Junior Member
 
sibbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Brighton, UK
Posts: 10
So, are you saying you bought and installed the ones from the link you gave? I have had a look for Rebel ones and they are almost 130 from the US?!

They look similar for the Rebel and the Fury VTX1300CX...

To buy or not to buy, I have small hands and these would help no end as currently my hands and fingers are being stretched beyond belief...................

sibbles is offline  
post #10 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator
 
Lyoko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Europe - Norway
Posts: 1,654
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibbles View Post
So, are you saying you bought and installed the ones from the link you gave? I have had a look for Rebel ones and they are almost 130 from the US?!

They look similar for the Rebel and the Fury VTX1300CX...

To buy or not to buy, I have small hands and these would help no end as currently my hands and fingers are being stretched beyond belief...................
It's a minor price, so...
I'm still waiting for mine, should arrive next week.
And they either fit and work perfect, or they don't.
Lyoko is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello from Richmond, BC, Canada Benggolf Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Owners Registry & Check In Area 18 06-27-2017 01:59 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome