Front Brake Line. - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

Front Brake Line.

So I took off my handlebars last night to see how much slack I had in the control cables etc so I could order some bar risers ( I need about an inch ) but there is NO way the front brake line will go that far ( I inched it up through that grommet/brace thing as far as it will go ) and I don't see anything other than the crimp connection to that manifold thing under the tank, in other words, I don't see a place where I could add an extension to the brake line.
What can I do?
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

Bump.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptor View Post
So I took off my handlebars last night to see how much slack I had in the control cables etc so I could order some bar risers ( I need about an inch ) but there is NO way the front brake line will go that far ( I inched it up through that grommet/brace thing as far as it will go ) and I don't see anything other than the crimp connection to that manifold thing under the tank, in other words, I don't see a place where I could add an extension to the brake line.
What can I do?

I had the same issue while upgrading handlebars. The ABS version is clearly different and there is no - rerouting choice. An extension or whole new line will be your only option. The bars I ordered came with the extension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, I didn't even know they made a double banjo extension lol
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 02:24 PM

Garage
Just my opinion, but I would swap out the brake line for a longer one. You can get a braided line from Galfer for around 50 bucks, and it also improves the braking power since it doesn't expand like a stock line will. Either way, you're going to have to disconnect the brake line and bleed the brakes, may as well go to a solid line instead of splicing in an extension. More joints=More seals=more places where it can leak in the future.

-CG
Crocodilo likes this.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGrazFL View Post
Just my opinion, but I would swap out the brake line for a longer one. You can get a braided line from Galfer for around 50 bucks, and it also improves the braking power since it doesn't expand like a stock line will. Either way, you're going to have to disconnect the brake line and bleed the brakes, may as well go to a solid line instead of splicing in an extension. More joints=More seals=more places where it can leak in the future.

-CG

I would have to agree, I only used the extension cause the bars came with it.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 04:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGrazFL View Post

-CG
I would like to but I can't tell what's going on with the bottom end of the line ( it's an ABS ) it just seems to disappear into a bracket under the tank.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayman View Post
Quote:
What can I do?

I had the same issue while upgrading handlebars. The ABS version is clearly different and there is no - rerouting choice. An extension or whole new line will be your only option. The bars I ordered came with the extension.

Please share the link for this brake line extension kit and handlebars.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 08:18 AM
Iro

Garage
Quote:
I would like to but I can't tell what's going on with the bottom end of the line ( it's an ABS ) it just seems to disappear into a bracket under the tank.
That's exactly the problem !! But it seems to be just a connexion ... The upper part is crimped but the underneath is screwed.
Maybe we can just change this cable ... I will look what is the purpose of this part (green arrow)

yo
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iro View Post
That's exactly the problem !! But it seems to be just a connexion ... The upper part is crimped but the underneath is screwed.
Maybe we can just change this cable ... I will look what is the purpose of this part (green arrow)

So your saying replace the entire top brake line and just bypass the bracket and screw into the hose on the other side of the bracket?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page