Who here uses a De Pretto Moto forward control kit? - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Who here uses a De Pretto Moto forward control kit?

Can you give me your opinion of it? It's a very expensive kit, I'd like to know what to expect before ordering it. Does it allow adjustability of the brake and shift peg? Did it make a big difference in comfort? Can you compare it to the stock controls on a Honda Shadow? Does it feel strong, like it will last and take abuse? Did it affect the positive clunking of the transmission? Does it shift as easy as normal? Anything else you'd like to share?

Thanks in advance.
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 03:27 PM

Garage
I had one. I sold it to another member here. Maybe he will comment. It is a quality assembly. It did affect my shift once in a while, as in the lever did not return. I canít remember if the brake pedal was relocated but I do remember ordering a new pedal so I could re form it to fit me better. The forward position was comfortable but I missed the stock location sometimes. As part of the install the shift lever had to be located specifically and there was some wiggle room for location. It shifted as easy as normal and felt like an oem part. You could always have highway pegs made. I did and spent about 300.
BTW. They are made for the 500 but the member I sold them to fit them to a 300.
mrded and RebelRide like this.

Last edited by Prgrmerror; 06-05-2019 at 03:30 PM.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prgrmerror View Post
I had one. I sold it to another member here. Maybe he will comment. It is a quality assembly. It did affect my shift once in a while, as in the lever did not return. I canít remember if the brake pedal was relocated but I do remember ordering a new pedal so I could re form it to fit me better. The forward position was comfortable but I missed the stock location sometimes. As part of the install the shift lever had to be located specifically and there was some wiggle room for location. It shifted as easy as normal and felt like an oem part. You could always have highway pegs made. I did and spent about 300.
BTW. They are made for the 500 but the member I sold them to fit them to a 300.
Thanks for the info. The shifter sticking worries me. This bike is mainly for a completely new rider. Does anyone else who uses this kit have that problem?
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 06:40 PM

Garage
Donít mis understand. I had them on for a few months Iím thinking and I may have had a missed shift 2 or 3 times at the most and itís always a WTF moment. I donít mean to imply itís a problem.
Kenny G and RebelRide like this.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 10:35 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelRide View Post
Can you give me your opinion of it? It's a very expensive kit, I'd like to know what to expect before ordering it. Does it allow adjustability of the brake and shift peg? Did it make a big difference in comfort? Can you compare it to the stock controls on a Honda Shadow? Does it feel strong, like it will last and take abuse? Did it affect the positive clunking of the transmission? Does it shift as easy as normal? Anything else you'd like to share?

Thanks in advance.
I have the forward controls on a 300, had to modify the shift lever since the controls are made for a 500. No mods for the brake lever side.
I also installed floorboards and heel toe shifter. Need to re bend the brake lever to a better location.
I got these used from a member.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	006.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	231.2 KB
ID:	28329   Click image for larger version

Name:	007.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	220.0 KB
ID:	28331   Click image for larger version

Name:	016.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	230.8 KB
ID:	28333   Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	221.8 KB
ID:	28335   Click image for larger version

Name:	004.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	250.4 KB
ID:	28337  

You only have today, go for a ride

Ride and be Free

2018 Rebel 300

Last edited by dsctr3; 06-06-2019 at 10:40 AM.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsctr3 View Post
I have the forward controls on a 300, had to modify the shift lever since the controls are made for a 500. No mods for the brake lever side.
I also installed floorboards and heel toe shifter. Need to re bend the brake lever to a better location.
I got these used from a member.
That looks fantastic! Can you give me a lead on that toe shifter adjuster adapter thingy? I may need one of those.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I think I'm going to go ahead and order the kit.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 04:53 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelRide View Post
That looks fantastic! Can you give me a lead on that toe shifter adjuster adapter thingy? I may need one of those.
The toe shifter adapter thingy is an adjustment arm for a KLR adjustable windshield, I had in the garage with many other bits and pieces I save.

But you can make one out a piece of aluminum and drill the holes where you need them and paint it black, I use Krylon Fusion satin black for most parts, dries fast and seems to last.

I have no complains about the forward controls, not sure about the T Rex floor boards. The T Rex heel toe shifter works well, I had to make a plate for the back to fit the forward controls, then all was good.

You and others should put your bike 300 or 500 in your signature. This would help with future advise.
RebelRide likes this.

You only have today, go for a ride

Ride and be Free

2018 Rebel 300

Last edited by dsctr3; 06-07-2019 at 05:02 PM.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 05:45 PM

Garage
Has anyone ordered this just wondering what the ship time would be to the U.S.. I am planning on ordering either from the deprettomoto web site or from Amazon.UK. Thanks Jim

Come home with yer Shield or on it.

2018 Rebel 500
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 12:56 AM

Garage
I have installed my Forward controls from De Pretto. Installation went pretty easy and only had a couple problems. I have the T-Rex engine guards and the peg on the shifter hits them, and there was no parts list for the washers and screws but was able to figure out that one easily enough. I had bought the T-Rex heel shifter but did not look at the description and did not realize it was for the 300 but It wouldn't have fit the forward controls anyway the shifter assy is way different. But I took the peg off the heel shifter and used it for now until I figure out how to get the heel shifter attached.
Kenny G and Prgrmerror like this.

Come home with yer Shield or on it.

2018 Rebel 500

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page