New Handle bars for a short rider - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 08:32 AM Thread Starter

Garage
New Handle bars for a short rider

Hi,
I'm looking for recommendations for Handlebars that are good for a short rider so I don't have to reach so far. (I'm a female and 5'3" tall) I bought the 2017 Honda rebel 500 and the previous owner changed out the stock handlebars for a different style, so my motorcycle doesn't have the stock ones on it. Should I get the stock ones, or is there a better one out there for short people?

Thanks in advanced.
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 10:00 AM

Garage
Hey there, you have the exact ones I wanna get hehe keystones, anyways change to the stock or drag bars if your problem is height or reach , a female friend rider around your height has the stock ones and she rides its just fine without having reach or height problems.
Kenny G likes this.

New to motorcycles, so far Im loving it
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Hey Bruno, OK cool thanks, I'll look into getting either the stock ones or drag thanks for the suggestion.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 04:03 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hey Bruno, OK cool thanks, I'll look into getting either the stock ones or drag thanks for the suggestion.
Enjoy your rebel and btw where are you from ?? cause if you go foward with the change and u dont want the keystones id be happy to buy them, im from Portugal so anywhere in Europe would be fine i guess.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Hey,
I'm in the USA, but if I do change them out and shipping isn't too much I'd be more than happy to sell them to you
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 04:59 PM

My missus is 4' 11" and using the standard bars. Just had 2" up 1" back risers fitted and the bars rotated a little.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 05:07 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hey,

I'm in the USA, but if I do change them out and shipping isn't too much I'd be more than happy to sell them to you
Oh the problem isn't shipping but we have here a control for deliveries and shipping from outside Europe aparetly Portugal is the only one that has that anyways, but I'll get informed and about the shipping that ain't really a problem when in this situation I cover the shipment cost, I've traded with a friend from Vietnam(he shipped it through Germany so no worries on the control) and it was no worries

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 09:48 AM

What I ended up doing after wasting some money....

I spent money on two handlebars that ended up not working for me and I lost money. One cause the dealership mounted one of the bars without acknowledging my request to see if they would work for me first. They mounted and drilled so I can't return it. I have a drag bar from H2C that didn't work either.

So....I ended up using the OEM handlebars and the H2C risers. That has worked pretty well for me. My dealer told me to ride it for 600 miles until my first service and see if I like them this way or not.

Said that IF I really wanted to make a change it will cost me big $$$$ because the cables, and electrical will NOT and doesn't have enough slack to make proper safety fitment possible and the ABS Brake Line would also have to be changed which would also have to require a new manifold etc.,

So for now this is where I am at..think it will work but still waiting for warmer weather to start riding and trying to finish up a couple of mods before that too.

Good luck to you! I am only 5'2" btw. Short arm length and small hands!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 10:22 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elembytes View Post
I spent money on two handlebars that ended up not working for me and I lost money. One cause the dealership mounted one of the bars without acknowledging my request to see if they would work for me first. They mounted and drilled so I can't return it. I have a drag bar from H2C that didn't work either.

So....I ended up using the OEM handlebars and the H2C risers. That has worked pretty well for me. My dealer told me to ride it for 600 miles until my first service and see if I like them this way or not.

Said that IF I really wanted to make a change it will cost me big $$$$ because the cables, and electrical will NOT and doesn't have enough slack to make proper safety fitment possible and the ABS Brake Line would also have to be changed which would also have to require a new manifold etc.,

So for now this is where I am at..think it will work but still waiting for warmer weather to start riding and trying to finish up a couple of mods before that too.

Good luck to you! I am only 5'2" btw. Short arm length and small hands!
You are a girl right? Usually dealerships tend to be a bitch too the female community, I've seen it first hand especially if you don't have much knowledge, them drilling the holes was exactly that, quite the bs since they could just hold the handles in place and u climb on the bike and try to see if the position works, I would not go to the dealer to fit mods learn it and do it yourself cause it more rewarding, and If you fdge up, you can always buy OEM parts(I know that well don't judge me xD), I had to buy a rear of the bike cause I kinda fudged it up, anyways I know the keystones work for me cause I've ride a friends harley that had the keystone hence my love for those handlebars, and no need to change cable just need to take off the clamps that hold the brakes cables to the steering won't need it anymore.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
You are a girl right? Usually dealerships tend to be a bitch too the female community, I've seen it first hand especially if you don't have much knowledge, them drilling the holes was exactly that, quite the bs since they could just hold the handles in place and u climb on the bike and try to see if the position works, I would not go to the dealer to fit mods learn it and do it yourself cause it more rewarding, and If you fdge up, you can always buy OEM parts(I know that well don't judge me xD), I had to buy a rear of the bike cause I kinda fudged it up, anyways I know the keystones work for me cause I've ride a friends harley that had the keystone hence my love for those handlebars, and no need to change cable just need to take off the clamps that hold the brakes cables to the steering won't need it anymore.

NOPE- I am 100% U.S.A. MALE---be it a short one!
No, I bought the bike and told the dealership I wanted different bars. I had ordered a set of bars from Revzilla.com and some bozo in the shop went ahead and switched out the bars. NOT being told NO, the owner wants to see if they would be right. So that happened on the first set of bars. The second, a drag bar from H2C, took forever to get to me and it wasn't good either. I did do the H2C riser and the OEM bar and that is what I have now. Hope that cleared up that a little bit. Thanks!
Kenny G likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page