Puig touring naked windscreen help - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Puig touring naked windscreen help

I want to order the puig touring naked windscreen. This one

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...-rebel-300-500

Can anyone that has one tell me if you look through or over the windscreen? I want the black but I’m wondering if I will need to see through it. Will the black block my vision?
Any help would be great.

2018 Honda Rebel 500
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 09:01 PM

Garage
I look overtop of mine, by at least 6 inches. I have the dark smoke color, and I don't need to look thru the windscreen for any reason, however if you were to get caught in the rain and wanted to lean over the tank for some reason, you'd never see anything. if that's a concern get the clear or light smoke. Even with the dark smoke I tried looking through it just to experiment, and you really can't see much of anything.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 12:34 PM

I'm 5'4" and I look over it during normal riding. However, I have the light smoke and it's nice to be able to look through it during low speed maneuvers.

I ended up taking mine off because of wind noise. At my height, I ended up with a concentrated blast of wind directly on my helmet, so the wind noise was unbearable at speeds above 30mph (even with ear plugs). I will need to either sell it or find a clip-on extension.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks for the help. I had a feeling I would be looking over the windscreen but wasn’t sure. I want the black one cause I think it will look best on the bike in my opinion. I want to keep everything black.

2018 Honda Rebel 500
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 11:19 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Thanks for the help. I had a feeling I would be looking over the windscreen but wasnít sure. I want the black one cause I think it will look best on the bike in my opinion. I want to keep everything black.
no problem. when i was browsing before i bought it, i took the size of the screen listed from the site, then sat on the bike and measured upwards from the approximate installation position to see where it would sit compared to my line of sight.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I tried to measure also but looking back now I measured wrong. It say it’s about 16.5 inches so I measured from the top of the light up. What I should have done was measure from about half way on the headlight that would have given me a better judgement of height. That’s why I asked if you look through it or over.

Anyway you helped me make up my mind and I ordered it. Got the delivery today shipped from PA so got here in a day. Now that I can hold it and see it’s not as tall as I thought it would be at all. Which is great because I didn’t want a huge windscreen.

Can’t wait to mount it. Might head out after dinner and I put my son to sleep. Pics to follow for anyone who’s interested in buying. I’ll shoot a bunch from different angles too though I’ll prob make a new post when I take them.

Thanks again for the help!

2018 Honda Rebel 500
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 07:55 PM

Let us know what you think of the windscreen.

Having ridden nakeds and enduros all my life, I finally cut the windscreen braces off of my CB500X to eliminate the helmet buffeting from the OEM windscreen at all settings. I couldn't get it adjusted to have "clean air" coming at my helmet.

John '14CB500XA (Daily Rider), '09CRF230L (Li'l Red Piglet), '89NX250 (sold), '01Rebel250(sold)
Propelled by Penguin Power
Nekkid motorcycles feel faster
1st bike: a gently used 1958 Matchless 250 thumper
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 10:19 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I tried to measure also but looking back now I measured wrong. It say itís about 16.5 inches so I measured from the top of the light up. What I should have done was measure from about half way on the headlight that would have given me a better judgement of height. Thatís why I asked if you look through it or over.

Anyway you helped me make up my mind and I ordered it. Got the delivery today shipped from PA so got here in a day. Now that I can hold it and see itís not as tall as I thought it would be at all. Which is great because I didnít want a huge windscreen.

Canít wait to mount it. Might head out after dinner and I put my son to sleep. Pics to follow for anyone whoís interested in buying. Iíll shoot a bunch from different angles too though Iíll prob make a new post when I take them.

Thanks again for the help!
Yeah about halfway up the headlight is pretty much where I measured from. also check the clearance slowly when you turn the bars side to side. some people say the new bolts just hit the tank,although mine do not, I still installed a set of 1/2" screw protectors from the hardware store. cost .75 cents.