Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner

Bluetooth Speakers

15K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  billnoroville 
#1 ·
Wondering if anyone here has mounted any Bluetooth speakers on their bike? Thinking of getting something like this

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00T3QBL3M/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1_1_1?smid=ABO907060G8YG&psc=1

Or maybe this one since there isn’t any amp to worry about hiding

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07B98NVDL/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1_1_2?smid=A2A0CI5TLCTWYS&psc=1

I’m sure there’s room on the bars to put the speakers and I could hide the amp in my fork bag to keep all the wires up front except the power wires. The other set has built in amp inside the speaker so I would just need to run the power wires. A coworker has a set of 4 on his bike 2 on the handle bars and 2 just below his seat. I don’t remember which brand he has. Says he can hear it fine while riding. For $65 can’t go wrong anyway. Just curious if anybody here has a set and where you mounted the speakers.

#4 ·
I do not see anywhere in his post whether he asks for an opinion. He asks if anyone has mounted anything similar on their bikes. Everyone has their own taste and can do whatever they want with their bike. It's a Rebel for that reason.

O.P.
I have considered doing something similar to mine. The only problem I can see with the wireless ones is having to charge them. Taking them on and off can be a pain if you ride all the time. Or worrying about these dying mid ride.

#7 ·
Wow this post took a wrong turn somewhere. Let me start off by saying I’m not offended by anything posted here. Living in NY you learn to have thick skin.

RebelSam I appreciate you sticking your neck out there for me brotha but everyone has a right to their opinion.

Having said that I ordered the Boss system I posted from amazon and it should be here by tomorrow the latest. Still not sure if I’ll even like the looks of it once mounted but if I don’t I’ll put it up on eBay and get some of my money back. I’ll post some pics once mounted so anybody who is interested can see what it looks like.

Oh and it has a volume knob included just in case I pull up next to Lyoko I can turn it down ?? I’m just kidding if I pull up to you I’ll turn it up ??

#13 ·
What is needed is a "smart" sound system linked to bikes speed (maybe a setting range like 10-35mph. If stopped, music is muted. At 10mph it comes back on but 1/2 volume maybe. At 35mph its at 3/4 volume. All based on what the volume is set at for 50mph and above. Or some other basis of speed or base it on ambient noise which changes between speed and stopped. Of course if you have loud exhaust the stereo would have to even louder to me heard by the rider. Just maybe technology could work here.

Reactions: sonwon
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.