Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Dude...it's just vinyl, I described the jist of it with the dimensions I used earlier in this thread.
- Measure a bit more (wrap a string or ruler around the tube to measure the circumference), then test fit with the backing still on, trim if necessary.
- Trim with a good clean blade (boxcutter, exacto etc...).
- It should have lines on the back to help you cut straight.
- Any overlap should face the inside of the fork.
- Peel 2" off the end top to bottom, stick one end on the inside of the tube, pull and gradually peel back the rest of the backing as you go around evenly, pressing it down to avoid bubbles.
- Have fun, enjoy and don't be stressed.
Easy for me to say as I got a roll of it for $15 enough to do 10 forks so re-doing it was always an option if i messed up.