Biltwell Zeds Do Fit - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Biltwell Zeds Do Fit

I know there has been quite a few discussions on bars and risers over the past few weeks and months. I also know a few have tried the Biltwell Zed bars and have had vary degrees of success. It took me about 30 minutes to swap bars and like 3 hours to navigate the cables, but for all of those curious, the bars do in fact fit the stock brake lines.

I had a good feeling because the Zeds are 6Ē more narrow than the stock bars, and the brake line does an annoying zigzag from the master cylinder on its journey to the caliper.

If you detach the brake line from itís connections at the fender and the lower triple tree, and then feed it so itís not behind the steering head and all on the brake side, you have plenty of slack.

I simply just zip tied the line in a few places and checked the tension on it. Itís secure and works.

Clutch cable and throttle cables and other wires are fine as long as you take them out of the brackets by the headlight.

If you have any questions, I will try my best to answer them.

Oh and I did drill the bars. The plastic knobs are in the underside of the clamshells, about 5Ē in from the clutch end and 5 1/4Ē on the throttle side.

Cheers
Lyoko, Showmeguy66 and Tree like this.
post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 12:45 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABiz View Post
I know there has been quite a few discussions on bars and risers over the past few weeks and months. I also know a few have tried the Biltwell Zed bars and have had vary degrees of success. It took me about 30 minutes to swap bars and like 3 hours to navigate the cables, but for all of those curious, the bars do in fact fit the stock brake lines.

I had a good feeling because the Zeds are 6Ē more narrow than the stock bars, and the brake line does an annoying zigzag from the master cylinder on its journey to the caliper.

If you detach the brake line from itís connections at the fender and the lower triple tree, and then feed it so itís not behind the steering head and all on the brake side, you have plenty of slack.

I simply just zip tied the line in a few places and checked the tension on it. Itís secure and works.

Clutch cable and throttle cables and other wires are fine as long as you take them out of the brackets by the headlight.

If you have any questions, I will try my best to answer them.

Oh and I did drill the bars. The plastic knobs are in the underside of the clamshells, about 5Ē in from the clutch end and 5 1/4Ē on the throttle side.

Cheers
And the pictures are where?
CGrazFL, fujirio and flyinbrianbmx like this.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

Last edited by Twizzian; 07-02-2018 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Again no content in post
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 02:39 PM

Garage
This is interesting. I think the stock bars are too low for my comfort. Can you add a little more info for a newer member. What is the part number for the bars and where did you get them. As always on any forum. Without pictures it didn’t happen.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 11:10 PM

I really want to see pics of this.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 01:07 AM

Garage
Ok seems as if @ABiz is having some technical difficulties uploading the pics. There is a guy on the Rebel 500 FB group that did the same install and here are a couple of his photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zed2.jpg
Views:	518
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	24351   Click image for larger version

Name:	zeds.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	24353  
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 11:27 AM

Garage
Thatís nice thanks I donít do FB. Looks like he didnít have to reroute the brake hose.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 06:31 PM

I put these same bars on my girlfriend's Rebel and had to buy a longer brake line. On her bike the bars are as far back as they can go without contacting the tank. So it seems like the brake line is only an issue if you try to pull the bars all the way back.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

Sorry, I have been trying to upload the pics with my phone, but it appears I may need to use an actual computer (I donít own one). Maybe I can upload from work, I have the pics on my google drive.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showmeguy66 View Post
Ok seems as if @ABiz is having some technical difficulties uploading the pics. There is a guy on the Rebel 500 FB group that did the same install and here are a couple of his photos.
I'm on the forum also

500km since I switched to the Biltwell and no problem at all! Loooooove the feeling, arms & shoulders
feel way better, I wouldn't go back to the stock handlebars!
Showmeguy66 likes this.