Low Backrest? Has anyone tried it. - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

Low Backrest? Has anyone tried it.

I want to get a backrest for my Rebel500. Just to give me a slight peace of mind when my wife is riding on the back. But at the same time I don't wanna ruin the look of the bike. Most of the backrest I have seen are quite high and kind of change the whole look of the bike to me. There are only 2 backrest I am considering at this time. The first is the low backrest pictured below. I was curious if anyone tried it. My only issue is first it is really low and I have the motozaa seat which is slightly higher than the normal passenger seat. And also some pictures make it look like it is slanted back quite a bit. So has anyone tried this one yet?

And then the second one I kind of like , but am still a bit worried it will be to much for the bike for my taste is the Spaan Backrest that a few members have gotten. Seen in the second pic. While I actually wouldn't mind having the small rear rack on the back. The pics some users have posted make it look like the actual backrest is quite far away from the seat. And once again slanted back.

So I am hoping someone who has one of these and rides with a passenger could give me some insight on how they are. And also why on earth they ship them with chrome bolts instead of black haha. I would have to change the bolts out ASAP.

I just feel like I am going to pick the wrong one, and then I will have to try and resell it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	back2.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	175.0 KB
ID:	24099   Click image for larger version

Name:	rebel1.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	24101  
Attached Images

fujirio likes this.
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 04:15 PM

do you have a link for the one with a rack.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujirio View Post
do you have a link for the one with a rack.
Looks like this one: 26cm + luggage rack
fujirio likes this.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 11:37 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyg83 View Post
I want to get a backrest for my Rebel500. Just to give me a slight peace of mind when my wife is riding on the back. But at the same time I don't wanna ruin the look of the bike. Most of the backrest I have seen are quite high and kind of change the whole look of the bike to me. There are only 2 backrest I am considering at this time. The first is the low backrest pictured below. I was curious if anyone tried it. My only issue is first it is really low and I have the motozaa seat which is slightly higher than the normal passenger seat. And also some pictures make it look like it is slanted back quite a bit. So has anyone tried this one yet?

And then the second one I kind of like , but am still a bit worried it will be to much for the bike for my taste is the Spaan Backrest that a few members have gotten. Seen in the second pic. While I actually wouldn't mind having the small rear rack on the back. The pics some users have posted make it look like the actual backrest is quite far away from the seat. And once again slanted back.

So I am hoping someone who has one of these and rides with a passenger could give me some insight on how they are. And also why on earth they ship them with chrome bolts instead of black haha. I would have to change the bolts out ASAP.

I just feel like I am going to pick the wrong one, and then I will have to try and resell it.
https://www.motomachines.com/Hepco-B...hoC2X0QAvD_BwE

Can't really go wrong with H&B products, I know it's not either or your two choices but it is similar to the first one minus the geometry issues. Just a thought.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showmeguy66 View Post
Quote:

https://www.motomachines.com/Hepco-B...hoC2X0QAvD_BwE

Can't really go wrong with H&B products, I know it's not either or your two choices but it is similar to the first one minus the geometry issues. Just a thought.
Im sure the h&b one is a quality part. It has more issues for me than i would like. First is much higher than the spaan one that i posted in the second picture. And that height doesn't suit the bikes looks for my taste. Also i hate the lookb of their luggage rack on the back. Way to much going on there for a simple rack. I think the spaan one looks cleaner. But if i can't find a dealer who will ship the Spaan to the usa i may have to go with the H&B.
fujirio likes this.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Im sure the h&b one is a quality part. It has more issues for me than i would like. First is much higher than the spaan one that i posted in the second picture. And that height doesn't suit the bikes looks for my taste. Also i hate the lookb of their luggage rack on the back. Way to much going on there for a simple rack. I think the spaan one looks cleaner. But if i can't find a dealer who will ship the Spaan to the usa i may have to go with the H&B.
erikchomez just posted a link that ships it to the US. Average cost without the rack is $200 shipped...
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 11:12 AM

I have the tall version of the Span, and although initially I thought it'll be too tall, I actually think the short one is a bit too short. I like the way it looks on my bike, and comfort-wise it does the job quite well

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zohararad View Post
I have the tall version of the Span, and although initially I thought it'll be too tall, I actually think the short one is a bit too short. I like the way it looks on my bike, and comfort-wise it does the job quite well

You ordered yours from that europcustom.com correct?
How were they to deal with? And how long did it take to arrive?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 11:30 AM

Quote:
You ordered yours from that europcustom.com correct?
How were they to deal with? And how long did it take to arrive?
They were absolutely fantastic. They don't ship to Israel due to crappy postal and customs service here, but he was willing to make an exception and was very nice about it. Package was handled within a day or two of ordering. It arrived to Israel after two weeks if I recall correctly.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:

Do you have the double Seat on?? Wanted to know if its better than the oem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page