Motozaa Thai Seat Review. - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

Motozaa Thai Seat Review.

Ok so I have been looking for a double seat for awhile. And there are really none available unless I take my bike to a shop and leave it there for like a month to custom make it. So I decided to go ahead and get one of the Thailand made seats. My plan was if it is as bad as some of the people here say, then I could just take it to get reupholstered here with better padding and leather, that way I already have the base for the seat so i don't need to leave my bike anywhere.

So step 1. I ordered the seat from Zeedparts ebay site. It was a few dollars more but the shipping estimate was only 2 weeks as opposed to 4 weeks. Imagine my surprise when I ordered the seat Saturday night, it shipped Monday and arrive Thursday. Way faster than I ever expected considering I am in the USA. It shipped via DHL with no box. Just in a bag with bubble wrap. But arrived fine with no damage.

At first look the seat looks pretty good. It is a bit shinier than I would have thought, but I would assume that is due to it not being real leather. The bottom of the seat is molded plastic as opposed to the the fiber glass resin that some of the other Thailand seats had. While there are no rubber feet underneath, there were small foam rings under the passenger seat to help from scratching the paint. But before mounting I actually put a small pad underneath it just to make sure.

First problem. The mounting of this seat is two metal bands with the rear on screwing in where the normal passenger seat screws in. But it was aligned properly. Not a big deal just loosened it and then re tightened it in the right position. Now on the normal passenger seat there is a second screw with a raised washer for the seat to lock on to. On the Motozaa seat there is a raised indention where that screw is so you can leave it in and it should help the seat stay in place, though I don't think it would really move anyway.

Quality-
Leather: Well it isn't leather, I knew that from the beginning and the price of these seats match the quality. It looks good, though the material does seem slightly slippery. I don't see it causing any issues though.
Stitching: The stitching seems fine. Looks straight and even. It is not super heavy duty, but it looks like it should hold up fine.

Comfort: This needs to be broken down in to two parts.
Main Rider: Okay so the foam is not as soft as the factory seat. Now this actually has two outcomes. First off it may not be perceived to be as comfortable as the stock seat for some people. For me the average ride is between 20-45min at a time and the seat is fine for that. I could see on longer rides the hardness would probably bother some people. But there is a second part to that. Because of the time of foam in the seat, vibrations to me feel greatly reduced compared to stock. So while it isn't as soft and cushy as your stock seat, if the vibrations seem to bother you then you will probably like it more.
Passenger: So the main reason I was looking for a seat is because my wife is a passenger about 50% of the time when I ride. She complained about the stock seat being not comfortable, and the stock leg position causing her legs to cramp. After riding with her on the new seat her response was "It is like sitting on a cloud". The passenger seats base is pretty flush with the fender and it is a bit higher than the stock seat. So it is a two-fold improvement. Her legs are not bent as much, and there is actually more cushion in the Motozaa. So in this department the seat is a win for me.

Results: Well overall it is better than I was expecting. So I am going to hold of on getting it reupholstered until it is falling apart or starts causing comfort issues for me. I am pretty happy with it. And very happy with the shipping time.

Pros:
Looks better than the two piece stock seat in my opinion
Better seat shape for the main rider
Eliminates engine vibration better
More comfortable for the Passenger

Cons:
The main rider seat is not as soft, could cause issues on longer rides
The seats cover is not leather, is a bit shiny, and slightly slippery
While it has an actual molded plastic base, it isn't quite as good as the stock base (this may or may not actually matter, won't really know until its been on the bike for extended periods of time.

I know this is long and hard to read, but there were not any full reviews posted yet. Let me know if you have any questions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rebel1.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	24035  
Attached Images

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 01:51 PM

Garage
Excellent review. A softer seat isn't always a good thing so the driver seat being firm isn't bad. AND it looks really good. Enjoy.

2019 Honda Shadow Aero 750, 2017 Honda Rebel 500 (SOLD), 2018 Kawasaki Vulcan S 650 (SOLD)
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018, 03:21 AM

Do you know if I would be able to install this on a 300 without already having the rear passenger seat/ footpegs? If so I'd try to to just buy the pegs seperately instead of having a extra stock passenger seat lying around
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018, 08:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RESIN View Post
Do you know if I would be able to install this on a 300 without already having the rear passenger seat/ footpegs? If so I'd try to to just buy the pegs seperately instead of having a extra stock passenger seat lying around
Yes you can buy it separately, but i don't think you can buy the peg kit for the rebel without the rear seat. The pegs require a small arm that comes with that kit to hold the peg.
RESIN likes this.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 01:13 PM
SLI

Ordered the same seat from Zeed, shipped to Canada within 4 business days. Same here, shipped with no box, but a truckload of bubblewrap and tape...so it was well protected.

All I need now is for my 2018 Rebel 500 to arrive.
01-7700 likes this.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Welcome !

Keith from Maine USA - Rebel R1
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 09:08 PM

had mine on a 600-mile trip never had any butt pain so its ok in my book
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 08:00 PM
SLI

shortyg83, where did you put the front side tab of the double seat on the bike?

It seems a bit loose (possible left-right movement) in the front before fastening the rear bolt.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLI View Post
Ordered the same seat from Zeed, shipped to Canada within 4 business days. Same here, shipped with no box, but a truckload of bubblewrap and tape...so it was well protected.

All I need now is for my 2018 Rebel 500 to arrive.
did you get black or brown? would love to see user pics of the brown seat
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 09:39 PM
SLI

Mine is Black, same one as originally posted at the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RESIN View Post
did you get black or brown? would love to see user pics of the brown seat

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page