Rattling when clutch is engaged while coasting to stop - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By Jskafff
  • 2 Post By fujirio

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-31-2018, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

Question Rattling when clutch is engaged while coasting to stop

Hi all,

Yesterday I jumped on the high way and was doing over 70 mph. I got off the freeway and engaged the clutch while coasting and down shifting. While Iím coasting and engaging the clutch I can feel a rattle on both my feet. It feels like itís coming from the engine/tranny. This only happens when I hold in the clutch. Is my clutch going bad?
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 06:31 AM

Garage
I think I feel what you're talking about as well. For me, it doesn't feel like a rattle or make noise but it's almost like vibrations like I am on rough pavement. I'm thinking it could be the brakes rubbing a bit because when I push it out of the garage each morning they squeak as they go around like the rotor isn't true anymore. I imagine I only notice it when the clutch is in because the engine vibrations cover it up while I am in gear and on the throttle. Mine also seems to be connected with wheel speed which makes me think it's not engine/trans related. I can feel it even rolling along at 5mph, just very slowly. Hopefully someone else can chime in with more insight or spots to check.
fujirio likes this.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-29-2018, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jskafff View Post
I think I feel what you're talking about as well. For me, it doesn't feel like a rattle or make noise but it's almost like vibrations like I am on rough pavement. I'm thinking it could be the brakes rubbing a bit because when I push it out of the garage each morning they squeak as they go around like the rotor isn't true anymore. I imagine I only notice it when the clutch is in because the engine vibrations cover it up while I am in gear and on the throttle. Mine also seems to be connected with wheel speed which makes me think it's not engine/trans related. I can feel it even rolling along at 5mph, just very slowly. Hopefully someone else can chime in with more insight or spots to check.

I found out my issue. First took it to the dealership and they couldnít find the issue. I started taking things apart and realized I never tighten the bracket for the front chain guard near the sprocket. This was grinding against the chain. Rattle gone

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page