How Long? - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 4Likes
  • 2 Post By Lyoko
  • 2 Post By Jskafff

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2017, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

How Long?

There are a few things with the bike I do not like but here's one that really irks me...

I really wish they would have included LED headlights and taillights but we all know that's just not the case.
I did see the mod on the other pages and they don't work perfectly yet so I'm looking for the most friendly plug and play option.

I think they are non-existent at this time.... Anyone care to take a guess when aftermarket will step up??
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2017, 10:54 AM

Garage
I would guess by the time the Holidays roll around, there should be some aftermarket stuff to purchase. Could be sooner, but I would put money on the holiday timeframe.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2017, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
I'm guessing this time next year we'll be drowning in stuff and parts for the Rebel.
So patience my young padawan!
jr_b17 and Thrilla-Detroit like this.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2017, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGodzilla View Post
There are a few things with the bike I do not like but here's one that really irks me...

I really wish they would have included LED headlights and taillights but we all know that's just not the case.
I did see the mod on the other pages and they don't work perfectly yet so I'm looking for the most friendly plug and play option.

I think they are non-existent at this time.... Anyone care to take a guess when aftermarket will step up??
Well there are so many universal parts out right now I don't know how many lights are needed specifically made for the Rebel.
For the headlight light there are tons of options, including just changing the bulb to LED up to changing the entire housing. While some of the universal housing may not be made for the Rebel they can be installed pretty easily.

The tail light is a little harder because when you remove that housing it leaves a indentation which I don't think any universal kit properly covers. I am sure the tail light may be one of the first aftermarket parts made for the bike. At least hopefully it is.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-31-2017, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

Thank you all for your input!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-31-2017, 11:50 AM

Garage
Hey idk if anyone's thought to check over at HD, but I think I maybe have just stumbled upon the best tail light option for a shorty fender. Just get a set of integrated turn signals that also act as brake lights and pop this below the fender. You'd have plenty of visibility with all 3 lights acting as brake lights - way more than those mini LED's strips - and you'd still have separate turn signals for easy visibility to drivers.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
Kenny G and stump like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page