Help with fog lights - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By tdeffler
  • 1 Post By tdeffler

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 06:42 AM Thread Starter

Hello,
I would like to install additional led fog lights with separate switch on my rebel 500. I searched online but I was not able to find any information. If someone have any experience and/or info on how to install, please help.

Cheers,
B
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 08:51 AM Thread Starter

Anyone?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 12:39 PM

Garage
I'm not sure what you searched for...there are articles and vendors for lights all over the web. For example, just quick search on Amazon for motorcycle fog lights produced pages of hits.

If the lights you buy don't have a switch, you can find one of those easily in the same place.

If you need brackets to hold the lights onto your forks, ditto. Or, pattytrue mounted a set to the radiator, which you can find in the thread here: https://www.hondarebel3forum.com/for...t-awesome.html

And, of course, any of the resellers like Revzilla, etc. would have lights and switches. Also light bars, if that's the way you want to go.

As for power, I believe--based upon the fuse diagram below--that the auxiliary circuit can handle 7.5 amps, which might be enough, depending on what lights you choose. If not, you could run a wire back under the tank to underneath the seat and tap into one of the circuits there.

There are quite a few YouTube videos on installing auxiliary lights on motorcycles; there's no real difference in the process between auxiliary and fog.

You should be able to find everything you need to get started with a little poking around and then have specific questions about problems you encounter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Accessory Fuse.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	29443  
Kenny G and R80rt like this.

--Tad

Last edited by tdeffler; 08-16-2019 at 12:44 PM.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 12:57 PM

Garage
On the other hand, if you've gotten past all that, then I guess you'd need to be more specific in your questions.

Connectors for the Honda aux circuit can be found here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Video on installing a relay--if that's the route you'd like to go--can be found here:

I'm not sure what else you'd need to get started.
R80rt likes this.

--Tad

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page