• 1 Post By jdock
  • 1 Post By Kenny G
  • 1 Post By flyinbrianbmx
  • 1 Post By Kenny G
  • 2 Post By toast
  • 2 Post By flyinbrianbmx

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 07:47 AM Thread Starter

Help please! front turn signals not working!

I bought some new turn signals and installed them yesterday. I got them completely wired up and they worked and everything was great. Then T remember that the turn signals I bought have different settings for you to choose how the signal illuminates. You chose the setting by rubbing a magnet on the side of the light while the blinker is activated and it goes to the next signal flashing pattern, well when I did this to the right front blinker the light flashed and shut off. I did it to the left front (stupid me, i know) and that one flashed to and shut off, now neither of the blinkers work lol. I checked all the fuses and I had just installed a brand new relay, I took out the brand new relay and put back in the old one and they still didn't work, thinking maybe I had burnt out the new one or something. Today after work I'm going to actually replace all the fuses but I inspected them pretty well with a flashlight and didn't see any that were blown. I even swapped each one out individually with the one spare I have of each kind in the fuse box.

Any help would be great. this is the brand of light that I bought. ( X-Arc Lights - the brightest LED Brake lights, turn signals, tail lights ) I'm hoping I'm just missing a blown fuse but if that's not the case what else should I do. They worked completely fine and i just had to go messing with it again, classic me.

I Actually have the same signals installed on the rear of the bike and they work perfectly fine, I changed the settings with the magnet when i first got them and now I'm afraid to test them to see if they'll do this also, lol.

2016 Rebel 500 non ABS
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 08:09 AM

STRANGE light that's for sure.
I'm guessing there is a problem with the lights themselves, not wiring or fuses.
Why are you blaming your setup when it worked BEFORE you tried to reprogram with the magnet?

Also I'm guessing one of the programmed setups is to not be running lights and just blinkers.
So have you checked this, and have you tired the magnet to try and advance to the next setup?
flyinbrianbmx likes this.

Last edited by jdock; 05-29-2019 at 08:12 AM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 08:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdock View Post
STRANGE light that's for sure.
I'm guessing there is a problem with the lights themselves, not wiring or fuses.
Why are you blaming your setup when it worked BEFORE you tried to reprogram with the magnet?

Also I'm guessing one of the programmed setups is to not be running lights and just blinkers.
So have you checked this, and have you tired the magnet to try and advance to the next setup?
the lights have a wire for running lights, a ground wire and the turn signal wire and they worked completely fine. and yes I've rubbed the magnet on it for like 20 minutes felt like i was trying to summon a genie.

2016 Rebel 500 non ABS
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 09:03 AM

Garage
Try telephoning the company that sold the signals to you.
Kenny G
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny G View Post
Try telephoning the company that sold the signals to you.
Kenny G
Just did, I left a message I guess ill see what they say!
Kenny G likes this.

2016 Rebel 500 non ABS
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 09:25 AM

Garage
Brian,
I think they know the product and should be able to tell you how to reprogram the signals.
Kenny G
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny G View Post
Brian,
I think they know the product and should be able to tell you how to reprogram the signals.
Kenny G
I'm hoping its a simple fix, sunshine for the next 5 days then 2 straight weeks of predicted thunderstorms. oof, I JUST WANNA RIDE LOL.

2016 Rebel 500 non ABS
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 06:53 PM

I’ve seen those lights before. The spot where the magnet goes isn’t huge, you can’t just put the magnet anywhere in the light and think it’ll work. Double check that you have the magnet in the right spot then leave it in place while you turn your signal on and off, that should get you to next setting on the light.
Kenny G and flyinbrianbmx like this.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 07:50 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toast View Post
Iíve seen those lights before. The spot where the magnet goes isnít huge, you canít just put the magnet anywhere in the light and think itíll work. Double check that you have the magnet in the right spot then leave it in place while you turn your signal on and off, that should get you to next setting on the light.
Trust me I've got that part down, I was looking at the diagram on their web page while doing it, and I have the lights on the rear that I've reprogrammed multiple times.

I got a response from the company yesterday super nice and great to deal with, they said this has only happened to 3-4 people out of the 10,000 they've sold so they're updating all their current products with some new delay feature for the voltage or like that. They're actually sending me the new today and told me to mail back the old ones as soon as i get the new ones, (which I've never had a company mail me the new product first before receiving old one, pretty awesome!) Pretty happy i didn't do anything wrong and mess them up but I'm bummed I have to re wire them again, fml.
Kenny G and Odin like this.

2016 Rebel 500 non ABS

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page