Need help with charging system - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By Lyoko
  • 2 Post By RebelRider

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-29-2018, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Need help with charging system

Does anyone have a pic of the cover for the battery box. I saw that it has a connector on it too. It is missing off the bike my son just got and the charging system does not work. Iím sure that for some reason the connector was cut off and the cover for the battery with the connector was removed. Obviously the bike is useless without charging system operational. Can anyone show a pic of the area with the connector? Does anyone have any Wiring diagram for the charging system ?

Need help.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-29-2018, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Ok, just to clarify something here. There is no such things as a charging system on the bike from factory, it doesn't come stock with something like that.
Unless you're talking about the charging for the battery that is generated by the bike whiles driving?
Or are you talking about a connection for maintenance charging that is separate from the bike?
You need to specify a bit more what you're actually on about here. And a picture from your sons bike to show us how it looks for you would help, and to clarify what connector you're on about here?
rebelwithoutacause likes this.

Lyoko - Black Rebel 500
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-29-2018, 08:09 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davefitz View Post
Does anyone have a pic of the cover for the battery box. I saw that it has a connector on it too. It is missing off the bike my son just got and the charging system does not work. Iím sure that for some reason the connector was cut off and the cover for the battery with the connector was removed. Obviously the bike is useless without charging system operational. Can anyone show a pic of the area with the connector? Does anyone have any Wiring diagram for the charging system ?

Need help.
Sorry, I don't have a picture of the cover but I have a service manual that will be delivered on Tuesday. If you don't have a response by then I'll gladly post a diagram.

2019 Honda Shadow Aero 750, 2017 Honda Rebel 500 (SOLD), 2018 Kawasaki Vulcan S 650 (SOLD)
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-29-2018, 08:29 PM

Garage
I'm not sure what the charging system you're referring to but here's a pic of the battery cover. In the pic, I have a gear indicator plugged into the diagnostic plug and a battery tender attached to the battery.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0042.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	22897  

Instagram @jayparrington

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page