10Likes
  • 1 Post By GazzasNewToy
  • 2 Post By Lyoko
  • 6 Post By JimInOz
  • 1 Post By twosteptortuga

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-09-2017, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

Talking Are there extra power mods

Is there anything that be done to the CPU that may help with more power. Love the bike but anything extra is always a bonus.
Dynojet Power Commander 5 | MotoSport

Have read that a filter is a good start
https://www.knfilters.com/air_filter...x500_rebel/471

Anyone have any other suggestions
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5161.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	8265   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5165.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	8273  
tw.song likes this.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-09-2017, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Go with the commander and re-map the whole system, tune it just the way you want/like.
Besides that, in terms of getting more out of it, you would have to start changing parts for higher effect.
Don't really see the whole point of it thou.. Costly mod to do, why not just get a bike that delivers what you want, straight from the dealer floor instead?
The engine and gearbox isn't indestructible, so maxing it out will wear it out in no time.
But that filter ain't gonna make a difference either way... You won't notise it.
Kenny G and GazzasNewToy like this.

Lyoko - Black Rebel 500
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-09-2017, 09:26 PM

Garage
Yeah Gazza, I agree with Lyoko.

The CMX500 has been de-tuned/remapped from the CBR engine and the gearing has all been changed to suit that. The 500 has got more torque which is great for low RPM work, I don't think you'll gain much by fiddling with the ECU.

I know of one guy who didn't do a backup of his Golf GTI before he tried to hot it up. Completely stuffed it and it would only work in limp mode and it cost him a bucket to get the dealer to fix it and it wasn't covered by warranty.

Just enjoy it for what it is mate.

Cheers

Jim
Kenny G, fast31, Twizzian and 3 others like this.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-23-2017, 09:29 AM

I know what you mean man I'm with you. I think all we can do is wait. I'm sure some one will come up with like 91 octane tune other than that maybe some gearing?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-25-2017, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferndois View Post
I know what you mean man I'm with you. I think all we can do is wait. I'm sure some one will come up with like 91 octane tune other than that maybe some gearing?

Gearing was my thought.

I was thinking of going up a tooth in the front and down two in the rear to make everything a bit taller and get some more top end out of it as I feel there's plenty on the low side but I haven't committed to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fast31 likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-16-2017, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimInOz View Post
Yeah Gazza, I agree with Lyoko.

The CMX500 has been de-tuned/remapped from the CBR engine and the gearing has all been changed to suit that. The 500 has got more torque which is great for low RPM work, I don't think you'll gain much by fiddling with the ECU.
So theoretically this would mean that on the basis that the CBR ECU has the same ECU plugs AND doesn't have H.I.S.S (which i'm not too sure about), if you swapped it out with the CMX ECU, you should see gains if any CEL's that appear (which is highly likely) don't affect the overall power of the bike, correct?

Last edited by KNGRBL; 10-16-2017 at 09:09 PM. Reason: added my lack of HISS knowledge
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-16-2017, 10:47 PM

For more speed?
New Sprockets
Entire new exhaust removing cat and new air filter with dynojet and getting the bike dyno tuned.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page