funny noises - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By macjosh1

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
funny noises

so gotz some funny noises happening. has everyone heard the sound of an old Honda civic hatch back with a really cheap ebay fart can? picture that on a motorcycle. lol.

half throttle, 3/4 throttle accelerating, it sounds like a really long fart. and I am sure everyone experienced this, picture that really long fart, but with air bubbles, almost sounds like your butt cheeks are flapping as the gas is being expelled.

Basically what its sounding like. Only started doing it. Usually it just sounds like your red lining a lawn mower, but now its doing this. any thoughts? Don't think I was in too high a gear, actually pretty sure I wasn't. And I can't see the baffles clogged up already.

cmx300 non-abs 3600kms - 2237miles

Break-in period done, 3 oil changes done, chain checked etc
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjosh1 View Post
so gotz some funny noises happening. has everyone heard the sound of an old Honda civic hatch back with a really cheap ebay fart can? picture that on a motorcycle. lol.

half throttle, 3/4 throttle accelerating, it sounds like a really long fart. and I am sure everyone experienced this, picture that really long fart, but with air bubbles, almost sounds like your butt cheeks are flapping as the gas is being expelled.

Basically what its sounding like. Only started doing it. Usually it just sounds like your red lining a lawn mower, but now its doing this. any thoughts? Don't think I was in too high a gear, actually pretty sure I wasn't. And I can't see the baffles clogged up already.

cmx300 non-abs 3600kms - 2237miles

Break-in period done, 3 oil changes done, chain checked etc
Did it start doing this after you installed the K&N filter?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyg83 View Post
Did it start doing this after you installed the K&N filter?
No sir. just installed it today at work. haven't riden it yet with the new filter.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Is there coming any smoke from the exhaust?
Might not be the case, but the first thing I was thinking here is that perhaps the exhaust is full of water?

Besides that, have you checked for any exhaust leaks? Might be what's causing the sound.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyoko-Code View Post
Is there coming any smoke from the exhaust?
Might not be the case, but the first thing I was thinking here is that perhaps the exhaust is full of water?

Besides that, have you checked for any exhaust leaks? Might be what's causing the sound.
Haven't checked, but wouldn't hurt. hard to see while cruising, I know there nothing while at idle.
Lyoko likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page