Air filter - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 5Likes
  • 1 Post By fujirio
  • 4 Post By dollarbill181

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Air filter

There was some debate on the air filters in another thread. Figured what the heck. I'll update once I get some miles on it and report if I noticed any differences, etc
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FILTER.JPG
Views:	471
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	2353  
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 04:26 PM

Is the picture an optical illusion? They don't look the same size.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyg83 View Post
Is the picture an optical illusion? They don't look the same size.

it could be my eye's, but pretty sure the K&N is smaller filter surface. But it just could be illusion with all the rubber frame.

The other thing I noticed different, don't know if it makes a difference those, on the stock filter as you see in picture, the under side of it, has a really, really, really thin fine metal mesh. I am assuming it could be a deterrent for debris maybe?

And if anyone if in a dirty air place, lots of dust, CHECK YOUR FILTER!!! Can't see it in picture, but look at filter sideways, its black!! and it was half clogged with dead bugs. Thankfully the filter/mesh did its job and kept it out of the system. Metal mesh is built into stock filter.

fyi - took 5min to install. lol. and also, my bike has 3600kms - 2240 miles on it.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjosh1 View Post
it could be my eye's, but pretty sure the K&N is smaller filter surface. But it just could be illusion with all the rubber frame.

The other thing I noticed different, don't know if it makes a difference those, on the stock filter as you see in picture, the under side of it, has a really, really, really thin fine metal mesh. I am assuming it could be a deterrent for debris maybe?

And if anyone if in a dirty air place, lots of dust, CHECK YOUR FILTER!!! Can't see it in picture, but look at filter sideways, its black!! and it was half clogged with dead bugs. Thankfully the filter/mesh did its job and kept it out of the system. Metal mesh is built into stock filter.

fyi - took 5min to install. lol. and also, my bike has 3600kms - 2240 miles on it.
any report on the K&N? did you feel any difference? I am debating on dropping $60 for one but not if there is no difference.
dollarbill181 likes this.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujirio View Post
any report on the K&N? did you feel any difference? I am debating on dropping $60 for one but not if there is no difference.
Don't expect a report back. Previous member since traded in his bike for a HD and is no longer on the forum.
Kenny G, Tree, fujirio and 1 others like this.

2017 Honda Rebel 300 ABS

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page