Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner

Clutch Problems on 2017 Honda Rebel 300

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Showmeguy66 
#1 ·
On June 12, I bought a Honda Rebel 300 (2017) with 3,000 miles from our local Harley Davidson dealer in Tallahassee, Florida for $4K including tax, tag, and title. This is my first motorcycle, as I have only been riding for 1 month. However a week into riding, the throttle and clutch did not seem to be working properly. When I would roll the throttle I could hear the engine rev, but was not getting power delivered to the back wheel. I had it taken to our local Honda motorcycle dealer where they motorcycle has currently been held for 9 days. They are attempting to get the repair done on warranty. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on what to do. My family loves the Honda company and owns 2 cars along with the motorcycle. I bought the motorcycle through saving up my allowance throughout high school. I need the motorcycle running soon in order to go to work daily.

Thank You!

Happy Riding,

Gio

#2 ·
Honestly right now there is nothing you can do but call the dealer and ask what the plan is and how long they expect you to be waiting. How many times have you taken it out in a month? Did it ever function properly for you? How many miles have you put on it? I think I would have called the dealer I bought it from if it failed in the first week after purchase. Not really sure what kind of advice you want since the bike is at Honda right now?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.