Auto Cancel signal installation, help! - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 7Likes
  • 4 Post By CueBaller
  • 3 Post By indiRaven

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

Auto Cancel signal installation, help!

Hey Moto Friends!! I've purchased the STS (https://www.safer-turn.com) for my new Rebel. Does anyone have a electrical wire diagram for this new bike? I need the color scheme for the signal and power harnesses. I'm searching online and have gotten a flood of results. Not sure which is correct. Was hoping one of my Rebel friends has some quick tips.
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akayoda View Post
Hey Moto Friends!! I've purchased the STS (https://www.safer-turn.com) for my new Rebel. Does anyone have a electrical wire diagram for this new bike? I need the color scheme for the signal and power harnesses. I'm searching online and have gotten a flood of results. Not sure which is correct. Was hoping one of my Rebel friends has some quick tips.
Until Honda and Helm get their sh*# together and publish a service manual, you may be left using similar honda late model diagrams say from a CBR, to identify color coding, then double check. There's almost certainly standardization working in your favor.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 07:06 PM

I've pretty much gotten into the habit of canceling the signal mid-turn. If I do happen to occasionally forget, it's only for a few seconds, as I'm constantly scanning... road, sides, mirrors, instruments, etc.
Kenny G, Lyoko, Benggolf and 1 others like this.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djdavies View Post
Until Honda and Helm get their sh*# together and publish a service manual, you may be left using similar honda late model diagrams say from a CBR, to identify color coding, then double check. There's almost certainly standardization working in your favor.
The CBR is what I found to be most similar. Gonna give it a go. Thx.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CueBaller View Post
I've pretty much gotten into the habit of canceling the signal mid-turn. If I do happen to occasionally forget, it's only for a few seconds, as I'm constantly scanning... road, sides, mirrors, instruments, etc.
Same here Cue, however...I am so used to my Can Am Spyder which has the auto signal system. Makes me definitely want it on all my bikes.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-01-2017, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akayoda View Post
Same here Cue, however...I am so used to my Can Am Spyder which has the auto signal system. Makes me definitely want it on all my bikes.
Did you manage to install it?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 11:06 PM

Garage
I have the service manual. Is this what you need? If so, I can try to take better photos..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8665_1504667117263.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	7977  
Kenny G, Twizzian and Lyoko like this.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didnít do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

-Author Unknown (though often attributed to Mark Twain)
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-06-2017, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiRaven View Post
I have the service manual. Is this what you need? If so, I can try to take better photos..
It will help to me because i am planning to buy smart turn system myself. So pelase share
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-10-2017, 12:04 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovypower View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by indiRaven View Post
It will help to me because i am planning to buy smart turn system myself. So pelase share
Sorry, still new to the forum and didn't realize you had replied. Why don't you send me a PM and we'll figure this out? I can send to you.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didnít do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

-Author Unknown (though often attributed to Mark Twain)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page