9Likes
  • 5 Post By Odin
  • 2 Post By R80rt
  • 2 Post By Scrubba

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 08:26 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Dart Windshield

Thanks to recommendation from @Kenny G I decided to pick up a Dart wind screen online. I previously had the Motozaa screen from Zeed in Thailand and the PUIG screen (which I still have).
I wanted something to just keep the wind off my chest compared to nothing and it works great. The style and quality are top notch in my opinion.
Decided to compare the 3 i've had for anyone interested.

Dart- 10 min install at most. attaches to fork tubes with clamps. slightly adjustable veritcally only about 1-1.5" play. superior build and quality. it was only available in 2 colors at the time i bought, black metallic (mine) and dark black tint. since i won't be looking through it do to it's small size i figured might as well get the painted one, besides I may repaint it silver later on. Only con i might add is it seems to have added to wind noise, but this could be solved either by slightly tilting helmet downwards a few degrees while riding, or wearing ear plugs. on surface streets this is not an issue. only 55mph and over

Puig - 30 min install at most. attaches by replacing bolts in top triple tree clamp. clearance is very narrow at full stop with tank, some have said it touches the tank. I installed rubber end caps to solve this problem. Pros-keeps all wind off you, deflects over helmet or very near the top depending on your height. available in 4 color tints. I used this one in winter to keep the cold off, and it did a great job. however in summer there wasn't enough air flow for me, so went with no shield until I decided on the dart just to be more comfortable and remove wind pressure from the chest area. superior build/quality also.

Motozaa/zeed- 20 min install , attaches to bottom of headlight bolts, so you're headlight will be higher by about 1/2-1" after installation. very cheap quality, but did the job nonetheless. also kept air off my chest only, redirected at helmet area. comes in various colors to match '17 paint schemes. in my opinion really not worth it for the money, but had a unique look.

So overall i'm very happy with the Dart, I like the looks and size of it. where it doesn't take away from the aesthetics of the bike. the Puig might still be useful to me in winter months, we'll see here shortly. but i'm hoping to just use the Dart screen all the time. it's easier to put on /off if need be.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190917_181308.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	317.0 KB
ID:	29833   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190917_181332.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	286.0 KB
ID:	29835  

2017 Honda Rebel 500
2018 KTM Duke 390
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

Garage
forgot to add, the Dart was $139 with free shipping. Arrived in only 5 days from the UK. great service

2017 Honda Rebel 500
2018 KTM Duke 390
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 09:09 AM

Garage
It looks good too. I hope it does what you need.
Odin and Robble10 like this.

Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool.

2018 Rebel 500
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 07:50 PM

Garage
Looks great Odin, I have a Dart Classic flyscreen in Midnight tint on my 2019 Rebel 500 which works well for me.
Kenny G and Odin like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page