New Bars and Grips - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 3Likes
  • 3 Post By CGrazFL

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
New Bars and Grips

Picked up some bars and grips at a swap meet last weekend, got them installed today. I like it!

The bars were not pre-drilled, so I had to drill holes for the throttle and turn signal assemblies. Also had a bit of a struggle getting the throttle cables attached to the new grip, but a little time and patience and I got it together. Note to self: I really need to get a better drill. Drilling those 2 holes took forever!

I got to take a quick spin around the neighborhood, so far I like the position and wider grip that these bars give me. I didn't feel any vibrations in my hands at 55MPH. There's nothing but rain in the forecast today and tomorrow but hopefully I'll catch a break and get out on the main road and give it a proper test. I think I'll need to adjust the levers a bit too, I feel like I am reaching a little further to get to them.

I don't know if I am going to keep the stock mirrors or go to some bar-ends, I can see fine with the stock mirrors but I'm not loving how they look with these bars.

Total cost was 45 dollars. 25 for the bars, another 20 for the grips. Took me about 2 hours to complete with drilling and messing with the throttle cables.

-CG
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Handlebars.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	681.7 KB
ID:	24113  
Kenny G, dollarbill181 and fujirio like this.
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 01:48 PM

great price on the grips. I paid double for mine...