Buffy gets some shades - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 02:05 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Cool Buffy gets some shades

Hey Guys,

My MRA Roadshield Classic windshield arrived today and I couldn't wait to give Buffy her new shades. The model I got can be found here:
https://www.mrashop.de/com/model-bas...ars?c=90003929
But you can buy it from ebay and other sources online.

You can also see it here:
at about 2:40.

I sourced prices online and was looking at about $320 AUS to have it shipped out so I contacted my dealer. They give me a 10% discount on everything because I bought my bike from them so I thought I'd give it a try. They came back to me with a price of about $182 AUS after my discount. I was pretty happy with that so I went with it. It was on back order so I had to wait 6 weeks but it eventually came.

Quality seems to be very good and installation was a breeze with good instructions and photos of the parts. It also helped to have the video clip above to assist with actual positioning. I haven't ridden with it yet but I'll post an update with how it affects the ride.

I'm stoked with how it turned out. Let me know what you think?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bike2.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	306.2 KB
ID:	23965   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bike6.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	267.2 KB
ID:	23967   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bike3.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	308.6 KB
ID:	23969   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bike9.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	279.9 KB
ID:	23971   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bike4.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	239.8 KB
ID:	23973  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bike8.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	261.2 KB
ID:	23975   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bike14.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	460.4 KB
ID:	23977   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bike13.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	393.6 KB
ID:	23979   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bike11.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	348.1 KB
ID:	23981  

Fletch

668 The Neighbour of the Beast
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Hey Guys,

My MRA Roadshield Classic windshield arrived today and I couldn't wait to give Buffy her new shades. The model I got can be found here:
https://www.mrashop.de/com/model-bas...ars?c=90003929
But you can buy it from ebay and other sources online.

I sourced prices online and was looking at about $320 AUS to have it shipped out so I contacted my dealer. They give me a 10% discount on everything because I bought my bike from them so I thought I'd give it a try. They came back to me with a price of about $182 AUS after my discount. I was pretty happy with that so I went with it. It was on back order so I had to wait 6 weeks but it eventually came.

Quality seems to be very good and installation was a breeze with good instructions and photos of the parts. It also helped to have the video clip above to assist with actual positioning. I haven't ridden with it yet but I'll post an update with how it affects the ride.

I'm stoked with how it turned out. Let me know what you think?
looks good, are you planning anything for the back (Passenger seat, rack)?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 10:33 AM

Garage
WOW, the bike looks great! The more photos I see of the whitewall tires, the more I like them.

Did you make that taillight setup yourself, or did you buy it?

-CG
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 10:44 AM

Garage
Bike looks great.

2019 Honda Shadow Aero 750, 2017 Honda Rebel 500 (SOLD), 2018 Kawasaki Vulcan S 650 (SOLD)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

Garage
fujiro:
In Australia the Rebels are sold with the full passenger kit included standard. When I bought my bike I removed it for a couple of reasons, firstly I am not legally allowed to carry a passenger for the first 18 months or so, and secondly my wife isn't interested in riding with me and I really probably shouldn't go around picking up other women...
I have no plans for a rack. I have thought saddle bags would come in handy but I prefer the look without them at this stage.

CGrazFL;
I put it together myself. I found when you disassemble the brick it has a black mount underneath that is much more subtle. I bought a couple of integrated indicator/tail light/break lights and placed them on the top of the existing bracket via the holes that were already there, no mods required. I wired in the tail lights and break lights only, leaving the indicator wires sealed off. I installed a couple of smaller versions (indicator only) on the sides of the fender. I bought a couple of licence plate bolt lights to light up the plate and wired them into the tail light. Fairly easy job once you know which wires do what.
There are a couple of closer pics here: https://www.hondarebel3forum.com/for...tml#post122699

I'm hoping to replace the head light next and then look at a new slip on. Then I might just about be done... (I struggle to type that with a straight face)

Fletch

668 The Neighbour of the Beast
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 07:52 PM

Bike is looking sick! Can't wait to hear how it rides with the new shades.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page