Cooling vest? - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By kmfpo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

Cooling vest?

Due of very high summer temperatures (for 10 days 35- 40 degrees celsius during most of the day in my vicinity) I either pause biking during noon or do something to cool down.
Iīve read some articles about cooling vests for many purposes, so also riding a bike. Today Iīve bought one in an online bikerīs shop and maybe I get it next week.

Do anyone here use a cooling vest? What other measures you take, to cool down in this venus-like temperatures?
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelstonewalljackson View Post
Due of very high summer temperatures (for 10 days 35- 40 degrees celsius during most of the day in my vicinity) I either pause biking during noon or do something to cool down.
Iīve read some articles about cooling vests for many purposes, so also riding a bike. Today Iīve bought one in an online bikerīs shop and maybe I get it next week.

Do anyone here use a cooling vest? What other measures you take, to cool down in this venus-like temperatures?
I've read about cooling vests, such as one sold here. Basically from what I understand, you soak it in cold water (in the sink), ring it out and put it on under your riding jacket. I'm still debating buying one, but I would soak it, ring it out (not too much), then put it in a big ziploc bag and toss it in the freezer, then when I'm ready to ride, take it out and put it on.

Let us know how it works out and which one you bought.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

The one I bought is no more available. (Why sellers donīt put away items they sell no more, from their homepages??) So I ordered another one from another vendor and I get it maybe at the end of the month or later.
Just in time, when the temperatures are falling down...

In the meantime it will do with wet t-shirts and a wet neckscarf. Both are cooling down the blood circulation and the carotid artery. Yesterday, we had 35 degree Celsius and tomorrow it will get 37. (approx. 97 degree F).
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 01:52 PM

Got one. About $35. I ordered safety yellow. Love in Phoenix where the temps have been above 110F for weeks. If I wear it under my jacket it works great also without a jacket. Kicks in at about 35mph.

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using Tapatalk
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 03:02 PM

I also bought one that goes in your helmet. It's made for construction helmet but it works

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 03:22 PM

Can you link any of these?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 03:34 PM

Vest. I got yellow. Under jacket can't be seen and during the day without it I'm visible. Comes in silver or blue too I think. Silver will be less obnoxious. $28

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001D42P0K..._rv0ABb8D39FA4

Helmet thing ( I cut off velcro) was only $4

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L1VNE5A..._Er0ABb0E442D4

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page