I royally messed up. *dumbest mistake of 2018* - Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum
 42Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 376
I royally messed up. *dumbest mistake of 2018*

This big idiot left his stupid front disc brake lock on and took off,(this is the lock if you don't know what I'm referring to, https://www.partsgiant.com/p349521-m...RoCZMQQAvD_BwE) snapped the front brake mount completely off, dropped the bike, sat there for 10 minutes with my face in my hands completely ashamed of myself. the good news is the bike literally only has the tiniest little speck sized scratch on the tank and the brake mount that broke is only $50. The bad news, all the online stores say it will take a week or so to get to me down in North Carolina :'((((((((((((((((((( this is the part number for the piece that broke
45290-MKA-J31

If anyone can find me a place that does one day shipping ill give you a million hugs and kisses

moral of the story don't be in a rush like i was, always check your stuff out before taking off.

https://www.babbittsonline.com/oempa...-brake-caliper #20 on this list is the part i need to get
flyinbrianbmx is online now  
post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 08:25 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 134
Garage
That is unfortunate. I can't help with the one day shipping problem, but do you have a reminder cable on your lock? If not, get one so you don't do it again.
CGrazFL, flyinbrianbmx and Jim like this.

-----------------------------
2018 Rebel 500 ABS rider
Json_Blob is online now  
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 08:32 AM
Senior Member
 
Kenny G's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Robson Ranch, Denton, TX USA 2017 Rebel 500
Posts: 1,319
Garage
Try Ron Ayers, they are in North Carolina.

Kenny G
flyinbrianbmx likes this.
Kenny G is online now  
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Json_Blob View Post
That is unfortunate. I can't help with the one day shipping problem, but do you have a reminder cable on your lock? If not, get one so you don't do it again.
i don't can you link one with something like that? I'll come up with something like a sticker/post it over my speedometer gauge or something, i don't think I'm going to make this mistake again but I'm ordering two spare parts in case this happens down the line, haha
flyinbrianbmx is online now  
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny G View Post
Try Ron Ayers, they are in North Carolina.

Kenny G
actually they have one of the worst shipping times, getting here at 7/13 ://////// WOE IS ME!!!! hahaha
flyinbrianbmx is online now  
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 376
A shop in my area was actually able to get the part overnighted!!!! so ill be riding again by tomorrow, stoked is an understatement.
Lyoko likes this.
flyinbrianbmx is online now  
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 09:40 AM
Senior Member
 
CueBaller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinbrianbmx View Post
i don't can you link one with something like that? I'll come up with something like a sticker/post it over my speedometer gauge or something, i don't think I'm going to make this mistake again but I'm ordering two spare parts in case this happens down the line, haha
Something like this is what you need.

https://www.amazon.com/Reminder-Secu...0rL&ref=plSrch
Kenny G likes this.

2017 Honda Rebel 500 - Black
CueBaller is offline  
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by CueBaller View Post
Something like this is what you need.

https://www.amazon.com/Reminder-Secu...0rL&ref=plSrch
nice thank you! hopefully i don't do it again!
flyinbrianbmx is online now  
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 11:15 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 814
I have a disk lock as well but rarely use it anymore. They say they are one of the best lock types for bikes. But lately I've just been using the fork lock so i don't have to carry the disk lock around.
shortyg83 is offline  
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 11:58 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Long Beach, CA.
Posts: 663
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyg83 View Post
I have a disk lock as well but rarely use it anymore. They say they are one of the best lock types for bikes. But lately I've just been using the fork lock so i don't have to carry the disk lock around.
A disc lock is much harder to defeat than a fork lock. It takes all of 10 seconds to break the fork lock and roll off with the bike.

2019 Honda Shadow Aero 750, 2017 Honda Rebel 500 (SOLD), 2018 Kawasaki Vulcan S 650 (SOLD)
longbeachgary is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome