Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner

Cellphone mount

39K views 51 replies 30 participants last post by  G1RTHQU8K3 
#1 ·
Does anybody have pictures of a good cellphone mount?

#10 ·
I probably didn't state the right terminolgy for the acsessory plug, but this is it in the pic

It's the black plug left to the white one.
Unclip the blank already inserted. You will need to source 2 pins to fit into the blank one.
I got my pins from a shop that installs radios, ICE etc, they let me sift through some old looms for the pins.

There is a name for the plug/pins which I've forgotten.
If you use this socket to power your phone or Nav you won't drain the battery, as it should power off when the ignition is turned off.
If you use direct wiring to the battery using a USB without a switch it will drain the battery if the bikes laid up for several days. I'm sure many of you guys already know this.

There is a member who's already done this with some good pics to show and explains well but Alzheimer's kicking in,the names gone.

Attachments

#17 ·
Thanks for your comments & pictures,

I have mine on the left side as well. Here are some pics of my setup:
Techmount 4-Techgripper & Techmount handlebar (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00M06871Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_dp_T1_4QOGzb67282W6)

As it is just a straight post with an inch ball, I cannot tilt it to the side. The placement is ideal, although it blocks the gas gauge a bit and it is also flush on top of the speedometer.

Attachments

#27 ·
Wow that's pretty pricey.

Since I flipped my mirrors I used a ram mount that screws into where the mirrors use to go. Complete ram kit with the X-Grip mount cost me right around $37 and worked perfectly on my last trip.

And even at that price point I thought it was kind of high for just a phone mount

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

#30 ·
I've thought about the tank ring ball mount, but it is expensive and there is a lot of documented evidence of it breaking. My buddy has a ram mount plate for his brake fluid reservoir and that is my favorite. Mine is on a u clamp ram mount on the right handlebar. I only use it when stopped. My left hand is holding the clutch. Ram mounts are beyond solid.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

#40 ·
New UK law coming into effect next Spring. You are not allowed to touch your phone/gps even when sat on it while stationery such as at traffic lights/junctions. If you do you get fined £200 and six points on your licence = 12 point and you are banned and extra insurance costs.

Roadside cameras being installed to catch out unwary drivers/riders.

#41 ·
You are not allowed to touch your phone/gps even when sat on it while stationery such as at traffic lights/junctions. If you do you get fined £200 and six points on your licence = 12 point and you are banned and extra insurance costs.
I can't say that I disagree with this although it may be a little much that you can't use your GPS. I guess they want you to pull to the curb to use it.

#42 ·
I think so Gary. I also think you would need to get off the bike from what I have read. Did you know, in the U.K. they can prosecute you for using your phone while parked up in a car with the engine off? Indeed they can including a supermarket car park. You are still regarded as being ‘in control of the vehicle’.

It would appear they are going to make an exception for using your phone to pay for a Big Mac while waiting in line - lol.

#44 ·
I use the Quad Lock motorcycle handlebar mount for my cellphone. I know they are pretty pricey as you get all the attachments and phone case etc but I know my cellphone is safe on the mount. 120kmp/h and no problems. I ended up getting mounts for my car and kayak too so its handy but yeah, pricey lol!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.